[SOLVED] Help to choose a new graphic card

Nov 8, 2020
Hi everyone i wonna change my graphic card NVIDIA Geforce GTX650 but I know there is a lot of factors to consider.......
this is my System spec
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2550k cpu 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Install memory 8.00 GB
what can i get? without spending a fortune thanks
Let me know if you need more information about my system
thanks in advance

Solution
Power supply is 500W

What is the Brand and the model? Does it have connectors for 6-pin and 8-pin gpus, and how many?

,i think i can have around 20 cm maybe few more definitely not 26 in length , in high i have enough space

It's good to measure it all accurately (like 21,5 x 19 x 8 cm or well, for the last dimension, just enough space/or not enough to accept a dual-slot card) as you don't want to take a GPU and afterwards to wonder how to put it in due to space restriction afterwards. Before ddr4-systems appear, restricted motherboards sometimes are a fact, if not even after it.
If you say what is your motherboard and case, this may give some better orientation.

resolution 1861 x1048

Interesting resolution...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Probably an PCIe slot powered 1650 or depending on psu and available PCIe plugs, 1650 Super with 6pin PCIe or 1660/Super with 8pin PCIe plug.

Imo, 1660 if your psu has an 8pin PCIe and is reasonable quality 450w unit.

Any of these cards will be a decent bump. Don't worry too much about bottlenecking, you'll be able to play the same games and more in higher quality details without wasting too much gpu potential.

Reactions: 0dino
From the Nvidia GPUs - options starting from gt 1030, up to gtx 1070 or 1660 Ti.
It's clear that you aren't going for RTX or Titan of some type, but instead another gaming GPU, and 1070 Ti may perform the same way as a 1070 on this system. Gen.10 tends to be cheaper than gen. 16 per performance, but this also depends on whether you take 2nd-hand, new or else.
What is your current power supply? And what is the situation with the motherboard and the PC case - I mean, can it accept big cards, up to 267 mm, or the space is shorter? What are the max. length and height of the space there - what are the mobo and case actually? And what monitor you use and games you want to play?

Reactions: 0dino
Nov 8, 2020
From the Nvidia GPUs - options starting from gt 1030, up to gtx 1070 or 1660 Ti.
It's clear that you aren't going for RTX or Titan of some type, but instead another gaming GPU, and 1070 Ti may perform the same way as a 1070 on this system. Gen.10 tends to be cheaper than gen. 16 per performance, but this also depends on whether you take 2nd-hand, new or else.
What is your current power supply? And what is the situation with the motherboard and the PC case - I mean, can it accept big cards, up to 267 mm, or the space is shorter? What are the max. length and height of the space there - what are the mobo and case actually? And what monitor you use and games you want to play?
hi thanks for the replay
Power supply is 500W ,i think i can have around 20 cm maybe few more definitely not 26 in length , in high i have enough space ,i don t have any other card inside ,the monitor ,i using a 50 inch tv on resolution 1861 x1048
thanks

Power supply is 500W

What is the Brand and the model? Does it have connectors for 6-pin and 8-pin gpus, and how many?

,i think i can have around 20 cm maybe few more definitely not 26 in length , in high i have enough space

It's good to measure it all accurately (like 21,5 x 19 x 8 cm or well, for the last dimension, just enough space/or not enough to accept a dual-slot card) as you don't want to take a GPU and afterwards to wonder how to put it in due to space restriction afterwards. Before ddr4-systems appear, restricted motherboards sometimes are a fact, if not even after it.
If you say what is your motherboard and case, this may give some better orientation.

resolution 1861 x1048

Interesting resolution. Something close to a 1080p. What is this monitor - brand, model, refresh rate?
If you mention games you want to play/software you want to use, this may give some better orientation.

Last edited:
Solution