Question Help to chose Board for a ryzen 3600 or 5600

power777

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2014
Hello all, i recently bought one ryzen 3600, wich is instaled in my parents pc, while i wait to buy the board for me.
I'm planning to buy one ryzen 5600 if the price is right, but for now i count on 3600, so my need for help is this, can anyone help me to better understand wich type of board i should get if one B450 or one B550, or even a X 570?
Im out of a job, so i dont have much money, i use my pc mainly to gaming and web search.
i use only some usb on the rear of my system now, but in the future i would like to get an nvme to be able to enjoy faster speeds.
i also would like, ( despite this is not that important) if the Mb could have some red led lights, but nothing wit too many diferent colors.
i hope i could describe my need and put everything you need to be able to help me. thanks in advance for your kind help

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i'm running a 5900x on a b450 GB Aorus pro wifi which is more than enough for a 3600 or 5600.

you don't need the "super gaming ultra" mobo that costs $400. a simple b450 or b550 is more than enough and will have all the features you will need. around $100 is enough. the x570 chipset is more than needed for most users and unless the price is cheap is not worth the cost.

i have a 3600x on the micro-atx version of this

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Yt...c-atx-am4-motherboard-b550-phantom-gaming-4ac

and found it better than i expected and it has a couple lights you can control in the bios :)

power777

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2014
thanks so much for the time to help me, ive been floowing the gpu and cpu, but for the boards i didnt have much information, but now i know i can do fine with even a b450 or less, so i will try to find the cheapest in second hand.