Reputable
Apr 14, 2017
Plz help me to decide

Usage: heavy multi taking and gaming

Components already selected,
GFX: RX 5700X or GFX 2060
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz
PSU: ASUS ROG Strix 650 or 550 depending on GFX
Case: Msi MAG Vampiric 100R ARGB -> because of space issue.
Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L V2 RGB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X -> not going to OC
M.2: may go with 500GB drive

Motherboards shortlisted
on higher side: GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, Gigabyte B550M Gaming, Asrock B550M Pro4 ->around 90$
lower-side: GIGABYTE A520M DS3H -> around 60$

Is it VFM go to boards with 90$ for 3600 RAM
or A520M itself is sufficient?
I could go for higher one looking at VRM, but in all the cases same chips may be used with only heatsinks, i am not sure.

Also my future upgrade will be entire PC rather than parts.

Appreciate your guidance, been scratching my head past 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Solution
If you're going for an matx motherboard, why aren't you looking at an matx chassis? You're only going to end p with negative space in your build. I'd personally go with the ASRock board due to it having two M.2 ports, which I'd utilize. Others might prefer the Gigabyte boards due to brand preference or aesthetics or the Q-Flash button on the Gaming board.

You should be good to go regardless of what board you choose if you only want to aim at DDR4-3600MHz. Higher clocks will need a better board/VRM and ofc, if you intend to overclock the processor, I'd aim for a B550 motherboard.

Lutfij

Titan
If you're going for an matx motherboard, why aren't you looking at an matx chassis? You're only going to end p with negative space in your build. I'd personally go with the ASRock board due to it having two M.2 ports, which I'd utilize. Others might prefer the Gigabyte boards due to brand preference or aesthetics or the Q-Flash button on the Gaming board.

You should be good to go regardless of what board you choose if you only want to aim at DDR4-3600MHz. Higher clocks will need a better board/VRM and ofc, if you intend to overclock the processor, I'd aim for a B550 motherboard.

Reactions: Ssrakesh
Solution

Ssrakesh

Reputable
Apr 14, 2017
Thanks a lot for quick replay.
Currently i am using Corsair 240 air, but due to space issues with new place. I am going with mini-tower
I would love to go with cube tower, but they all seems to be out-of my networth here.
Yes i would like to go with at-least 1 M.2 drive -> updated original post.
and will not overclock CPU -> updated post

Also is it worth to go with 3600 RAM? for 1-2% boost from 3200RAM?

Last edited: