Help to put this to rest? Bypass or Mod bios so you can use modern card on old mobo

Lostpower

Reputable
Jun 1, 2016
Yeah I am getting pretty sick and tired of this issue.
Can we solve this once and for all?

I know Nvidia 600 series cards and ivy bridge work on this Mobo I have.
I have the last bios update (they stopped giving it updates)
But anyway ivy bridge works just fine. (gen 3 i5)

Then I have MSI H67 that bricked it self with the updating BIOS....... File not found of death.

Ok so back to the issue. I have a lga 1155 board that's Workin on ivy and gt610/ or Integrated.
I Try to put a GTX 1050 and it freezes at splash screen. There is no more bios updates.. I checked. (I tried a ton of bios settings to force it, can't get it to progress)

So has there been anyone to bypass this system, trick it or whatever it takes to make it skip this issue without bios update.

It's idiotic. It posts with card but can't proceed.. has to freeze at splash screen..
I don't need to hear the cmos reset thing, already done.

Thanks
J

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
What specific board is it? If it's a board from an OEM system (say Dell, HP, etc) it's possible that the BIOS is particularly finicky and won't work with newer cards.

I don't recall if that era of motherboards had the option for UEFI, or supported legacy only - might check the settings, and possibly switch from one to the other to see if it'll recognize the card.

Finally - is it possible that the 1050 itself is bad?