Question Help to raid0 2x m2 nvme with am4 asrock b550m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2022
Hello, i need helop to manage how to raid0 my two nvme with B550m Steel Legend.

1 - My Bios Version is 2.00, but i already checked with 2.20 and 2.30 w/o any changes in options which will be described here.

2 - Actually i have ONLY storage both m2 nvme one with 512gb and another one with 1tb (as you can see in first image) and i know if raid0 i'll not be able to use the 2nd one 1tb.

P.S: Actually the 512gb m2 nvme have windows10 installed on it, but it isn't a problem to sanitize/format it.

Indeed i would raid) with both nvme formated and then install windows 10 after merge both.

3 - After Change Sata mode from AHCI to RAID in Advance\storage config and save it... when pc restard and i enter BIOS again, it enables RAIDXperx2 config utility

4 - When access RAIDXpert2 there's 3 options, one = Create Arry (which i should select my nvmes to "merge" it), but all three options isn't clickeable and it's with gray color, so i cant proceed.

5 - Through tutorials, as far i could see, after step3, inside storage config, usually appear some option to change from UEFI to legacy, but mine keeps with those two options inside Storage config (Sata mode and Sata hotplug).

6 - The only place where i found something to change from UEFI to legacy was inside boot pallet, then CSM compability, then there's Lauch PXE OpROM Policy and lauch Storage OpRom Policy...

But idk if in my mobo i need to change those in this path.

Anyway, there's a step by step tutorial to manage it properly please?

Below a link where you can see the prints of my bios according to items listed.

View: https://imgur.com/a/HqkVN4A

TY in advance

After Change Sata mode from AHCI to RAID
nvme is not sata
you will need to look for nvme raid if your bios supports it

here picture from asrock taichi mainboard, asrock has same bios layout for all boards, look there if your mainboard has it
PHJoUzU.png

Sep 12, 2022
nvme is not sata
you will need to look for nvme raid if your bios supports it

here picture from asrock taichi mainboard, asrock has same bios layout for all boards, look there if your mainboard has it
PHJoUzU.png

Hello, i just found the same option you showd inside ADM/PBS path, but...so far i couldn't find a tutorial to proceed with raid0 nvme in this way... i mean, after select enabled the steps i should follow the steps for sata?

Asking, cuz, i thin i need format one of my nvmw (cuz the OS i'm using is on it), and if it's needed, i have to make sure i know the steps to proceed with raid 0 the formated nvmes.

TY

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Tyvm, in addition i just found this content, i think can help me. just need to find the proper nvme file (to my mobo) to allow me install windows
Why raid 0 at all it can actually be slower.

From the motherboard page one M.2.1 supports gen 4X4 the other just supports gen 3X2

The M.2 .2 works off the SATA controller and disables SATA 5 and 6 so I don't think it will even work.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022
Precisely.

@Clovisclovino specifiy the exact reason for this question or this thread will be closed.

@kerberos_20, we do NOT assist in anything to do with circumventing security or anticheat methods. Do not do this again.

Donno if, it's anticheat method since i don't use it.

I just bought new pc pc (mobo, cpu, wc and one nvme xf-512) and bought used (memory ddr4 and another nvme (due to it's price Adata 6000 1tb)
My SO is in adata, and when i try to play a game it says hwid ban.

How its possible? Since most of parts are brand new, the only conclusion is it must be the storage one, since even if i set SO into my xf-512 it still says hwid ban...

So i look around and forums says that to prevent a hwid ban thought storage, the best way was to perform a raid 0.
so thats why i'm inquiring it, cuz i spent lots of money in my pc and can't play a single game due to (looks like) some crap some1 did....and it make sense now since the price was really good (cheap), cuz he sold some sort of brickd nvme -- (the feeling is sort of being scammed) --

But anyway, i do agree about what you said to not corroborate with circumventing security or anticheat methods , so if after check it you think should remove the thread ok.

USAFRet

Titan
This is a classic X/Y problem.

You're trying to implement solution X, when the actual problem is likely Y.

Have you definitively isolated this used drive as the problem?
As in....remove that drive, and it works?

Not assume....definitive testing.

Sep 12, 2022
This is a classic X/Y problem.

You're trying to implement solution X, when the actual problem is likely Y.

Have you definitively isolated this used drive as the problem?
As in....remove that drive, and it works?

Not assume....definitive testing.

Didn't isolated, but what i did was, install (at first win10 in this used nvme), then got the problem. so i formated it and installed win10 in the other nvme and the problem still persisted (but i didn't removed any of em), i can try to remove and test with each one to check how it behaves.

I mean, i'm pretty sure my hardware instead of this one used nvme i acquired couldn't be with hwid restriction, again cuz it's all brand new, it would not make any sense.

Sep 12, 2022
Well the results:

1 - just my new nvme in mobo, with a brand new windows install, all good.

It still have its physical id but the volume id changes. Anyway, all working good.

2 - only the used nvme i bought, with brand new windows, fail.

It still have its own physical id and new volume id, but when login game says hwid banned.

3 - i kept my brand new nvme with windows, formated the used nvme and mounted it only to work as a storage (w/o SO)

Then put both together in mobo.

When runnin game = fail hwid banned

4 - last try was raid0 (i've succeeded with asrock manual provided by kerberos and getting some specific driver.

So both nvme formated and merged, installed a new windows.

The physical if changed aswell its volume id (due new windows installation)

Whe. Running game = all good.

So cenario 1 and 4 ok both with pros and cons

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS