Help, Total Chaos

RayBayK

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
hello, i have aproblem that has been killing me for like 2 months, it is a prob that happens when i play an online game called shaiya, ok so the problem is after 3-10 mins of playing the game the screen or the monitor of my laptop turns white and then i cant even do nothing it turns all white just like fading, i used to play this game on the same laptop that the problem is happening on for 1 and a half year, idk what is the prob or the cause, i tred doing everything but it never works, i even reinstalled windows
so plz some 1 help me, my pc is dell inspiron 1525, and as i said i never had this problem before, i tried running the game on lowest specs didnt work for me

i am running windows xp sp3

laptop specs:

Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1014MB RAM

plz help

RayBayK

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010

ok download speedfan My Hd0 is 42c and my temp is 41

whille as the core 0 56 and core 1 57 :S

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
80C sounds too high to me, but I could't find the rated maximum temp for your CPU (I assume you mean your CPU since you said core 0 and 1 and you have a core 2 duo).

However, I could be wrong. tjunction says 100, but they all say that. Says that for my q9550 core 2 quad but the rated temp is 70C.

A 65 nm core 2 duo at 2ghz shouldn't run that much hotter than a 45nm core 2 quad at 2.83 ghz. That means your CPU shouldn't be getting much hotter than 70 degrees Celsius. If it is, then that is most likely your problem. Call your computer manufacturer and ask them:

1)What the maximum rated temperature for the T7250 Core 2 Duo processor is.

If it is lower than the 85 degrees you registered then follow these steps:

1) Most likely some part of the computer is failing to cool properly. Do you hear the fan? If you do, then follow step 2. If not, contact tech support for your computer and ask for a support ticket.

2) Have you dusted out the laptop recently? If not, buy a can of compressed air from staples or somewhere and blow out the laptop. Dust may be clogging the heatsinks and preventing them from operating properly. This happens to all sorts of electronics and is one of the know causes of the Red ring of death for the xbox. Happened at least once to my brother's.

If the heat issues persist after blowing out the dust and the fan is on, then the heatsink may have become dislodged in which case you would need to send it in to some repair shop, most likely just to the manufacturer but there are other repair shops in the world. But remember, this is all only if the CPU is getting hotter than the rated temperature. If it isn't, then it isn't the CPU.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I don't think it is your GPU since you have integrated graphics correct? I could be wrong though but usually when graphics overheat you see artifacts (like these: http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/guardianangel117/WTF2.png?t=1281475596 . only not as plentiful) before a complete crash that would result in a solid black/white screen.

Have you seen anything like the above image? Strange shapes appearing and then disappearing very quickly while playing? Lines or colors appearing and disappearing?

If not, then it probably isn't your GPU.

RayBayK

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
yes, wow guardianangel u look like u know what u doing ok first off i get something like the picture and my screedn just fades white but ill still be in the game but cant move or do anyhting just stay there:(, and yes strange shapes, and yes my computer overheats alot and sometimes i hear some fan noises and it will be very hot i tried gettting external fan but it just didnt help do anything

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Ok, if you are getting artifacts then you should contact your manufacturer. You don't happen to still have warranty? I'll assume you don't. Talk to them, ask them about the overheating and try to take a screen shot of the screen, preferably several detailing the process from weird shapes to white screen.

Let me test a program on your game and then I'll let you know how to get the screen shots. You don't happen to have Fraps installed on your computer do you?

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Actually, it would probably be best if you tested it, it would take too long for me to install the game and try to get it to work.

Go to Fraps.com, click on the downloads tab, and click on the yellow link entitled "Download Fraps 3.2.3."

Alternatively, you can get it here: http://download.cnet.com/Fraps/3000-18541_4-10316793.html?tag=mncol

This is a simple program that tells you the frames per second you are getting in game as well as give you the ability to record video of the game and take screen shots. You can only record 30 seconds at a time with the free version but the rest functions just fine.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
You wouldn't believe the value of screenshots. The one I showed you got me a free video card upgrade. If the manufacturer can see what you are describing they can better help you solve the problem.

XP can take screen shots on its own, but it is saved like when you copy and paste something. You can only have one at a time and you have to go through paint to save it, exiting from the game. Not ideal for showing the progression of a problem.

RayBayK

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
yes, i know what is fraps and i donwloading it, i got a picture but from my camera cuz every time i try to take the screenshot it tells me insufficent memory to store the bitmap and it doesnt let me get the screen shot but will try with fraps, and btw when the thing happens my core0 and core1 get as hight as 95 C
CRAZY
i know
ok working to get the screenshot and uploading it

RayBayK

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
here are the screenshots :
Game2010-08-1007-28-18-40.jpg

Game2010-08-1007-28-18-06.jpg

it is supposed to be like this:

Shaiya0002.jpg

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I am a little perplexed by this. In my experience when a graphics card fails it leaves a completely solid color screen. For me, when I pushed my ATI card too far, I got a completely gray screen and then I was kicked back to the desktop.

However, I may not be able to help you, but if you email these screen shots to tech support for your computer or keep this thread active, I am sure a more experienced member of the forums will have input. I am relatively new to the computer scene, but those lines do look familiar.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Yes, 95 is definitely too high. Clean out the inside of the laptop with compressed air, blowing into the vent will not be sufficient. My desktop quad core, like I said, is rated for 70C. Anything higher than that for me is too high. For a laptop processor to be reaching 95C there has to be either an insane amount of dust built up or a loose/improperly applied heatsink. The latter was true for me several months ago, I think the former would be more likely in your case.

Blow out the laptop and recheck the temps. Then come back to this thread and post the results. I will get a notification if you do and can help if you post in this thread.

TRENDING THREADS