Help troubleshooting gtav

Nov 18, 2018
Hey , im having a problem lately. Day before yesterday i was playing gta online normally and suddenly it crashed. As my pc specs aren't considered the best i thought it was a normal random crash but it was much more. When i fired up the game again as soon as i loaded into my apartment the game just froze and i had to hard reset my pc to get it going. So the first thing that came to my mind was a hardware issue. I download aida 64 and ran it for 2 mins or so without any issues. My pc specs are - intel core 2 quad q6600, EVGA gt730 2gb ddr3, 2x2 Gb corsair value select ram ddr3, intel g41 series motherboard, corsair vs 450 power supply. Thanks in advance

Akosjun

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017
If it only happens in that one particular game, then it's definitely not a hardware issue.
Some things you might do to fix the crashes:

- Verify your game files with Steam (if you have the Steam version).
- Updating your drivers, if they aren't up to date yet.
- Reinstall the game.

Nov 18, 2018

I did everything except reinstall the game. But theres the other part of the situation now. I threw my old gt 710 in and the game worked without any problem or crash. But im pretty sure my gt 730 is alive because it did do the msi kombustor for 2 mins. Im in a literal loophole now