Aug 1, 2020
Just built a new pc using:
AMD Ryzen 3 3100 AM4 CPU
AsRock B550M-HDV Motherboard
2x8G CorsVengLPX DDR4 3200 Ryz
GIGABYTE NVMe SSD 256GB
Amd 6950hd
VS corsair 650w power supply

The computer will turn on, however nothing will appear on screen. Turning off the system requires about 10 seconds of holding instead of the normal almost instant turn off when i normally see an error. I've tried using a confirmed working Amd rx480 and amd 6950hd however still nothing will appear. I've tried three different displays, I've tried two different DVI cables and a HDMI cable to be sure. The cpu was 100% installed correctly, the ram is installed correctly. The only thing I'm thinking that could be wrong is maybe the motherboard but i'm not sure. I don't have any other motherboards, ram or another ryzen cpu to test in the socket. What course of action can I use to further troubleshoot? If there is no other action I can use to troubleshoot, what components should i send back to be sure i'm not left with a faulty part.

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Apologies for the possibly stupid question but you plugged the cables into gpu and not the onboard graphic of the motherboard right? If so double check all power connection from the psu(unplug them and plug back to be sure), then try removing one of the ram sticks. If that doesn't make it run try using all the ram slots one by one with that one stick and repet the procedure with the other stick instead.

Dec 12, 2020
Just built a new pc using:
AMD Ryzen 3 3100 AM4 CPU
AsRock B550M-HDV Motherboard
2x8G CorsVengLPX DDR4 3200 Ryz
GIGABYTE NVMe SSD 256GB
Amd 6950hd
VS corsair 650w power supply

The computer will turn on, however nothing will appear on screen. Turning off the system requires about 10 seconds of holding instead of the normal almost instant turn off when i normally see an error. I've tried using a confirmed working Amd rx480 and amd 6950hd however still nothing will appear. I've tried three different displays, I've tried two different DVI cables and a HDMI cable to be sure. The cpu was 100% installed correctly, the ram is installed correctly. The only thing I'm thinking that could be wrong is maybe the motherboard but i'm not sure. I don't have any other motherboards, ram or another ryzen cpu to test in the socket. What course of action can I use to further troubleshoot? If there is no other action I can use to troubleshoot, what components should i send back to be sure i'm not left with a faulty part.
Hey, did you find a solution to this. I’m currently having the same issue with mine and I have the same motherboard. I’ve tested the graphics card and ram on different computers and they work fine.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador