Question Help understanding sites

Mar 19, 2021
I'm new here don't have much knowledge of computers, sites, profiles ect.....
I need help,
On my hubands computer's we went to a website and when we did it automatically opened up to a page that had his users name on it.
Now he says he's never been there and has never seen this site before.
How can that be? How would it open up without putting in a password, plus having his username on it?
I know I'm not stupid but this is to make sure I'm going into this looking at all possibilities. Before I accuse him.

either the site is tied to an open Google user account that automatically fills in the blanks with that Google info
or something similar like a Microsoft account that can read your Outlook info.

your browser can also save entered form data like names, addresses, zip codes, etc to help with filling in new forms.
but custom site user names\nicknames and passwords would most definitely have to be entered a first time and saved manually in the browser after signing up for them to reappear.

you should be able to browse the user account and see what info has been provided, possibly showing what interactions have been committed within the site.

Mar 19, 2021
You can also check the History of the browser to see what Web sites have been visited.
Thank you we did that and that's how we got the name of website and went to it
What kind of site are you referring to? As stated by the others, there are legit reasons what you described can happen.

Please clarify.
It was sone site called fanfiction.com