help unstable fps

WesTH

Reputable
Sep 9, 2016
i have just brought a acer x34 predator (3440x1440) and i get 100 fps on most games but i get major fps drops as much as it dropping down to 55fps,

when things get busy on screen on games such as gta v dota 2 bf1 beta amd a few others,

i am running wimdows 10 a i7 4790k @4.3 ghz gtx 980 sli 16gb ddr3 ram and a corsair rm 750 psu,

dota 2 is the biggest problem as soon as i get in to a team fight my fps drops to half and the lag is unplayable and i just dont understand why because dota 2 aint the hardest game to run also gta5 stutters quite abit

i live is thailand and game with mates on europen servers but iv been told that is not the cause, also the sli bridge i got was not brand new and im thinking that it might be faulty so that could be a factor ? my sli is enabled and it says its working but maybe the bridge aint working at 100% ??? any idea guys ?

i am thinking of selling my 980s and buying 1 1080 but i want to know for sure that its the cards not being powerful enough that are the problem and nothing else

WesTH

Reputable
Sep 9, 2016

cpu and gpu temps are fine, not sure about the cpu usage, but i have found that if i run dota 2 in vulken i get 100 fps and drops to only 90fps in team fights so i, thinking its defo just sli problems