Help upgrading my graphics card.

xBello12

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
I'm not very smart with computers but I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card, I need to know all the steps I need to take to figure out what type of card I can buy, here are my specs

http://imgur.com/npnBu

if there's anything else you need to know just ask me, I'm looking at the AMD radeon 7870 or maybe something a little less expensive, if you could start by pointing me in the right direction with the correct knowledge I need, that'd be great.

xBello12

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Yes it is, good find.

EDIT: On further examination most of it is the same besides very minor differences, it says I have a terabyte of diskspace, where I actually have 914 GB I don't know if they just rounded up or if its not my exact pc, but yeah it looks from the outside 100% similar and it has matching cores and ram amount

EDIT AGAIN: I used a program called everest ultimate and it said "Your mother board name is unknown"

Commandermadi

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Its the same PC. 1 TB don't mean 1000 GB. Its always lower. For me, I have 2 TB and the actual space is 1862 GB :)

For the GPU, the 7870 is certainly above 200 dollars mate but slightly higher like 220 or something. So if your budget is 220, I guess you should better go with the GTX 660 :) It will preform amazingly. HOWEVER, your CPU is kind of weak, so I think it will limit the performance of your card.