NicolasIragorri1

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Hi Tom's community!

I'm very excited to upgrade my build! I'm currently running the following:

• Intel Core I5-6600K 3.90GHZ 6M Cache FC-LGA14C Retail Package Processor
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 12 GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING 6G 6GB
  • MSI Z170A SLI LGA 1151 Intel Z170 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard
  • Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Desktop Memory Model CT2K8G4DFD8213
  • Mushkin Enhanced ECO3 2.5" 120GB SATA III TLC MKNSSDE3120GB
  • WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD10EZEX - OEM
  • Corsair CX Series CX450M 450W ATX 12V 80 Plus Bronze Certified Modular Power Supply W/5 Yrs Warranty
  • Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 RGB ATX Mid-Tower with 3 RGB Fans Tempered Glass Side Panel & External Cases MCW-L5S3-KGNN-02

I had to buy the following controller since I couldn't connect the case RGB fans to my Mobo:

- Cooler Master RGB Controller/Hub for Computer Case Fans, Software supported, 4 Connecting Ports, USB Link, Multiple Light Modes, Color Customization - 1 pack

But now, I feel like my setup is struggling with the newer games and more demanding programs. I want to upgrade and had this CPU and GPU in mind:

-AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler
-ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER™ Advanced 6GB Edition GDDR6 HDMI 2.0 DP 1.4 Gaming Graphics Card (ROG-STRIX-GTX1660S-A6G-GAMING)

I think I want to keep my current case. Any Mobo that you guys would recommend, that would hopefully be compatible with the case's rgb fans?
What about something like this:
- Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vF...am4-motherboard-rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-wi-fi

Also, any recommended PSUs, RAM (Do I need to change, or will by current RAM work?), or better CPU and GPU combos? Looking at an investment of $1500 US, tops.

Any help is appreciated
(Sorry for long post)

Solution
for ryzen u mast have good cpu cooler and case with good air flow...your old case isnt good home for ryzen...think about front mesh panel...u r to much focus on rgb fans and case look like circus...flashy but no point :)

dimtodim

Reputable
for ryzen u mast have good cpu cooler and case with good air flow...your old case isnt good home for ryzen...think about front mesh panel...u r to much focus on rgb fans and case look like circus...flashy but no point :)

Last edited:
Solution

alexbirdie

Respectable
"But now, I feel like my setup is struggling with the newer games and more demanding programs "

Did you check, what's running in the background?
Which games? What's about the "older" games? Did they start to slow down,too?

Did you try to overclock the CPU?