[SOLVED] Help , upgrading parts will old PSU will be enough ?

aurimasandrisiunas

Honorable
Mar 3, 2018
Hello so im thinking to buy new CPU and GPU wich is gonna be Ryzen 3 3300x and GTX 1650super , will i need to change my psu or no ? my current specs are :

Ryzen 5 1400
GTX 1050ti 4gb
Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb 3200mhz
Asus TUF B450 - Plus Gaming
Corsair CX550M
Kingston SSD 240gb

I think it should have enough power.
Here's a question though.
Do you want to trust your new CPU and GPU with an older PSU?
It's a judgement call. The PSU may last an not hurt anything...or it could crap out and take everything with it.
A new quality PSU is less likely to do this.

aurimasandrisiunas

Honorable
Mar 3, 2018
I think it should have enough power.
Here's a question though.
Do you want to trust your new CPU and GPU with an older PSU?
It's a judgement call. The PSU may last an not hurt anything...or it could crap out and take everything with it.
A new quality PSU is less likely to do this.
I just want to know if that build will be enough 550w, this psu is aint bad or anything i bought it 14 months ago, and its a good psu, just not sure about if i change to r3 3300x and 1650super 550w will be enough

logainofhades

Titan
Hello so im thinking to buy new CPU and GPU wich is gonna be Ryzen 3 3300x and GTX 1650super , will i need to change my psu or no ? my current specs are :

Ryzen 5 1400
GTX 1050ti 4gb
Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb 3200mhz
Asus TUF B450 - Plus Gaming
Corsair CX550M
Kingston SSD 240gb

You will be perfectly fine, with that PSU, and that hardware.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I concur that it's fine. It's a good budget PSU and while it will eventually die and sooner, on-average, than a top-of-the-line PSU, it ought not take out anything with it. Given the PSU prices right now, I'm not sure you really get value in replacing it anyway.