Question HELP URGENT please, monitor causing eye strain and blurry vision

Jan 27, 2020
ok so i just got the benQ xl2540 3 weeks ago. and INSTANTLY i noticed severe eye strain, and from that eye strain my vision is blurry. so blurry in fact that i can barely see the words that i am typing right now.. my old ACER 144hz monitor didn't have this issue. this is the first time this has happened to me while using a monitor. i even got gunnar glasses and those don't seem to help. i have tried messing with all the monitor settings but can't find a fix. i went into the OSD and turned blur reduction on as well. the monitor is plugged in via display port to my 1080ti

i really need some help and would greatly appreciate any advice. thanks so much.

Jan 27, 2020
Please watch the language
In case of a technical problem: Try working through the other ports on your ti. If you don't have any, get a converter. Maybe your monitor has some self-adjustment setting?

The guy in this threat seems to experience the same issues after switching to 144hz. Maybe something along the lines could help you as well https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/benq-xl2411z-eye-strain.2350705/
i am on display port and tried both my display port options on my 1080ti. no fix. i think something benq has is just Removed with my eyes. this sucks

Last edited by a moderator: