help very confused which to buy

Alaa emad

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
I have r7 265 and 8gb of ram i want to buy a new cpu. According to the budget im confused for the third time between fx 6300 vs i3 4150 i want a cpu that can max out games on 720p.of its the amd i wont overclock if its the i3 i would upgrade after 2 or 3 years

Solution
AMD is most likely the cheaper option and would still be fine, make sure you have a motherboard with a AM3+ socket if you intend to buy the AMD, for the Intel an LGA1150 socket is required. Both would do perfectly and a better CPU won't really give a lot more frames in games. Intel is the gamers choice while AMD is the choice of the average pc user, but it basicly boils down to personal taste. I would go for the AMD.

Caesar-rsa

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
AMD is most likely the cheaper option and would still be fine, make sure you have a motherboard with a AM3+ socket if you intend to buy the AMD, for the Intel an LGA1150 socket is required. Both would do perfectly and a better CPU won't really give a lot more frames in games. Intel is the gamers choice while AMD is the choice of the average pc user, but it basicly boils down to personal taste. I would go for the AMD.

Solution

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
I'd take the i3 as the better performer for normal usage as normal usage will not utilize all 6 of the FX's core effectively, and anytime you're using 4 cores or less, which is like 90% of the time, the i3 will be faster, and quieter. The i3 is also likely cheaper to use, and I'm not even talking about power usage. I'm talking about to buy from the start. Intel's "cheap" motherboards are of a better quality than AMD's "cheap" motherboards. You'd find yourself paying more for an AM3+ motherboard than you would a LGA1150 one. You would also find yourself buying an aftermarket cooler for the FX, but not for the i3.