Help! Very Strange Laptop Issue: Shuts off after 30 minutes exactly

jakeh13

Prominent
Jul 4, 2018
I got a second hand Lenovo y510p( i7-4700mq, 16gbs RAM, Dual GeForce GT 755m SLI) laptop recently and reinstalled windows 10 pro on it because it was stuck in a boot loop. After using it for 30 minutes the screen goes black and it completely shuts off as if the battery had been pulled out. This happens every time at exactly 30 minutes. I have no idea what might be causing this so any help with the matter would be appreciated. The problem is definitely not heat related and it even happens in the BIOS. I tried updating the BIOS but that didn't help, I tried resetting the RAM but that didn't work and I also tried cleaning out the fans just in case it was a heat related issue (Even though I'm almost 100% sure it isn't) but that didn't help. I am completely out of ideas so any help would be tremendously appreciated.

jakeh13

Prominent
Jul 4, 2018
I noticed that it happened at exactly 30 minutes every time no matter what load the system is under or how hot the components are so there must have been something counting up to the 30 minutes. I left it in the BIOS to determine if it was the operating system that caused it but it wasn't because it still turned off.