[SOLVED] Help vga ez debug led stays on B550M Mortar

May 31, 2021
I need your help
I have a ryzen 5 3600 with a MB MSI b550m mortar wifi, when starting there are times that the VGA LED stays on and does not show the start screen of the bios (where the manufacturer logo appears) then at that time the pc does like a reboot and starts normal (no led on), the rest works normal, I have not had reboots, or any problems when playing or other aspects only that detail with the ez debug at startup; also when I first set up the pc the pc started Windows but kept the vga led on (I had to restart it manually to turn it off).
I have already restarted the bios with the jumper but it still happens to me, I have read that many have had the same problem with ez debug some with the led cpu, vga, boot, but I really need your experience if this is because you need to update the BIOS, I have the first version according to the MSI page version: 7C94v10

Solution
I need your help
I have a ryzen 5 3600 with a MB MSI b550m mortar wifi, when starting there are times that the VGA LED stays on and does not show the start screen of the bios (where the manufacturer logo appears) then at that time the pc does like a reboot and starts normal (no led on), the rest works normal, I have not had reboots, or any problems when playing or other aspects only that detail with the ez debug at startup; also when I first set up the pc the pc started Windows but kept the vga led on (I had to restart it manually to turn it off).
I have already restarted the bios with the jumper but it still happens to me, I have read that many have had the same problem with ez debug some with the led cpu, vga, boot, but I really...
I need your help
I have already restarted the bios with the jumper but it still happens to me, I have read that many have had the same problem with ez debug some with the led cpu, vga, boot, but I really need your experience if this is because you need to update the BIOS, I have the first version according to the MSI page version: 7C94v10
I also had problem with B450 Tomahawk and the bios for Ryzen 5000 CPU's. The CPU led was always ON no matter what even if the PC was running normally. After 1-2 months they released a new BIOS that fixed it. With so old bios i believe the first you can do is to update it to see if this fix it. You can always return to the previous version after the update by install it the same way.

Reactions: Ludens997
Solution
May 31, 2021
I also had problem with B450 Tomahawk and the bios for Ryzen 5000 CPU's. The CPU led was always ON no matter what even if the PC was running normally. After 1-2 months they released a new BIOS that fixed it. With so old bios i believe the first you can do is to update it to see if this fix it. You can always return to the previous version after the update by install it the same way.
hello bro , after alfin I could borrow a UPS , I could update the BIOS to the next version 7C94v11 the behavior of the LEDs have changed , when I turn on the pc , several LEDs light up in this order (cpu , vga and then boot) but they do it in less than 3 seconds , as I read this is normal , then turn off before reaching the screen of the manufacturer of the bios and no longer remains lit none.
I already made several shutdowns and restarts and everything works normal no led stays on, I just hope that the problem has been resolved definitively.

hello bro , after alfin I could borrow a UPS , I could update the BIOS to the next version 7C94v11 the behavior of the LEDs have changed , when I turn on the pc , several LEDs light up in this order (cpu , vga and then boot) but they do it in less than 3 seconds , as I read this is normal , then turn off before reaching the screen of the manufacturer of the bios and no longer remains lit none.
I already made several shutdowns and restarts and everything works normal no led stays on, I just hope that the problem has been resolved definitively.
Yes that's normal the motherboard tests everything one by one (with the order you said) until the system boot successfully (if there is no problem) and all the lights go completely off. This process should happen every time you power on your computer.