HELp! VGA- HDMI

jmv21

Honorable
May 14, 2013
how do i hook up vga pc to hdmi flat screen tv. its all connected but my tv is showing nothing but no signal . i really need help!please there has to be someone who can help me!

jmv21

Honorable
May 14, 2013

my pc only has VGA and my tv only has HDMI hook ups
its all hooked in but not working says no signal but when i take it out it says not connected

avjguy2362

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
What GPU do you have? For instance if you have an AMD card in their Drivers "AMD Vision Engine Control Center" under "My Digital Flat Panels" there are many settings available for connecting to many different types of TV resolutions and formats, NTSC or PAL. There is also a LCD overdrive section to make fine adjustments of sizing on the TV's. There is also a section under "Common Display Tasks" to "Detect" displays. NVidia and Intel will likely have the same thing.

anthony8989

Distinguished

Lol you're totally right. He has a VGA:HDMI cord that won't work for a PC. Good call.

Supermuncher85

Distinguished

As I said an ACTIVE solution. That product is ACTIVE. It's not just a passive signal carrying cable, it converts the analog signal to digital.

avjguy2362

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
How could he even have a passive VGA to HDMI, it couldn't even exist. What company would make a passive cable that has no ability to convert an analog signal to digital? Perhaps he needs a driver or his system simply isn't compatible with his adapter. Just because he didn't say active doesn't mean that it isn't. Have you ever seen a passive VGA to HDMI? I haven't!

Supermuncher85

Distinguished

Yeah they do exist. Plenty on amazon. Why? I really don't know....but they do exist. I think most of them are meant to be used in reverse as HDMI to VGA, but then you must have an HDMI port that has passive pass through capability. Again not everyone knows you can't convert a digital to analog signal passively. Mean browse my history. Just two days ago a person was asking for help trying use eyefinity with DP -> DVI -> VGA adapters and wondering why it doesn't work.