Help! Video choppy and sound distorted.

I upgraded from xp home to professional and can't get the sound and video
working right again. I've checked the drivers and they are all up to date.
Everthing worked great before the upgrade.

Are there a lot of processes turned on by default in XP Pro? What can I turn
off to get better performance?

Dear u have to uninstall the drivers and reinstall it again. Do u install SP2