Help! Virus keeps coming back :(

princessfluffy

Reputable
Jun 21, 2015
Hi so i got a virus yesterday and from what I've read on the scans its called adware.elex. I dont know a lot about computer stuff so i just followed some steps from reddit and youtube on how to get rid of viruses/malware/adware and here is what i did:
i downloaded eset antivirus cause windows defender wont update and i scanned with eset and found a few threats
then i used rkill.com
scanned with malwarebytes
scanned with adware cleaner, junkware removal tool and then hitmanpro
after doing all of that it said it got rid of 2000+ threats
so I thought I finally got rid of the virus/malware/adware whatever it is
But today I got a notification from eset saying that they found a file "elex tech" and deleted it. I also get random popups from eset saying that they blocked a link one of the links is from cloudfront. Then I get popups from windows letting me choose which app I want to use to open a http file (i don't open it) cause I know it's the adware or smth :/
I ran another scan using the apps I used yesterday and there were a few threats found (in each app) and it said it got rid of it again/quarantine. So I searched up a few more guides on how to get rid of malwares/viruses/adwares and downloaded cc cleaner and zemana antimalware when I scanned with zemana I there were 2 more threats found.
Oh and I also have a lot of svchost.exe running on the details tab of task manager

So now idk what to do anymore idk where the virus came from all I literally do is watch youtube and play league of legends on this laptop but my brother use it too he said he didn't do anything ~.~ Is there any more way to fix this or should I just reset my laptop?

Solution
The best way to stop a virus coming back is a fresh install. Backup all the data you can't afford to lose and fresh install win 8.

Before adding anything from the backups, scan the files with eset to ensure they clean before copying them onto PC

Its the only way to know its gone for good.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The best way to stop a virus coming back is a fresh install. Backup all the data you can't afford to lose and fresh install win 8.

Before adding anything from the backups, scan the files with eset to ensure they clean before copying them onto PC

Its the only way to know its gone for good.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS