restore if this is any help?

From: "Bartsimpson" <Bartsimpson@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Well, I have to virusus that i cannot get rid-of, wininet.dll is infected
| with W32.Desktophijack. And oleext.dll with Trojan.Desktophijack. I have and
| ran Norton Antivirus and is Up-to-date. When I ran a full system scan it
| wasn't able to repair or delete the infected files. Well i followed the
| direction's on how to correct the registery editor but none of the key's and
| values showed up. All of this while having system restore turned off. The
| message I got was click yes or no. Then on the desktop the message Warning
| your computer maybe infected with spyware... I then downloaded Ad-Aware, ran
| a full system scan and deleted over 140 registry key's and values. Restarted
| computer and the message on desktop was clear. But, When running Nortan again
| it still came up with the same to desktophijacke virusus and am not able to
| repair or delete. Also I have SP2.. The icon(s) on the startup programs
| taskbar show PSGUARD..When clicking the icon it show IE. spyware removal wich
| i know is spyware. I have disabled Automatic Updates and turned off system
| restore if this is any help?

There are anti virus News Groups specifically for this type of discussion.

microsoft.public.security.virus
alt.comp.virus
alt.comp.anti-virus

Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } three batch files, five Kixtart scripts, one Link
(.LNK) file, a PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
simplify the process of using; Sophos, Trend and McAfee Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to
remove viruses, Trojans and various other malware.

way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor’s web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC.

file.

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT