Help w/building a 'gaming' desktop?

james0014

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014
Hey fellas. I currently have an i7 2600 and a Asus GTX 670...any suggestions on the motherboard and hard-drive? I figure these 4 components are the most important. And if you have feedback of the current parts I have feel free to let me know.
And the i7 I got came with a heatsink thats bigger than the usual one it would come with...would this still work?

The reason I say "gaming" is because Im running stock charts on 3 different monitors and I figured an decent build that would work for gaming would work for my purposes.

Thanks you, any help you give is invaluable :)

Solution
My current parts are CPU:i7-2600, GPU: Asus GTX 670. Are those good parts so far? Im not sure how the CPU compares to the i5-4570 and what Im worried is that the CPU I have now is subpar...currently, I am deciding on which mobo and hard drive to purchase- suggestions?

james0014

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014
My current parts are CPU:i7-2600, GPU: Asus GTX 670. Are those good parts so far? Im not sure how the CPU compares to the i5-4570 and what Im worried is that the CPU I have now is subpar...currently, I am deciding on which mobo and hard drive to purchase- suggestions?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS