Help w/ choosing free game

thenoobpunisher

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
So I got a GTX 970 for Christmas and it comes with a choice of either The Crew, Ass. Creed: Unity, or FarCry 4. Can I get some recommendations in terms of gameplay and PC performance (performance being whether the game runs well or is buggy)?

Archgaull

Admirable
Personally I'd go with Far Cry 4. The Crew looks interesting, but I feel like it's already beginning to die down in terms of player base, and that's a game that relies on a massive amount of people playing the game, so it's pretty much active only as long as the player base is.

Far Cry 4 for me too. It's by far the game I've been playing most between it and Unity.

That GPU with patch 1.6 and the memory leak hotfix that followed should play it fine too, provided the rest of your spec is reasonably balanced with it..

I haven't tried the Crew beta, but I've seen a lot of people whom have said it's over hyped.

Jonesie995

Reputable
Dec 17, 2014
Unity has to option to play with friends, which may be a big bonus to some (I'm not 100% sure if Far Cry 4 has online, from memory it doesnt). The Crew looks nice, but Far Cry 4 looks better than the crew.
Its mainly your preference though, if you like FPS games, go with Far Cry 4. If you like 3rd Person Games go with Unity. If you like car games go with The Crew.