Help w/Fast, Clean, Cool long lasting system for VR and my songwriting maybe streaming audio when I play

iansklarmusic

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
Hi. I am a first time builder (previous Apple user) I welcome comments and suggestions for these components which I have not received yet...thx much!
Using for VR Samsung odyssey + until the next gen of hmd's come out

i7 9700k (or would the less core more thread i7 8700k be better?)
Asus Maximus xi hero Motherboard
2080ti FE
Samsung M.2 512 ssd
prob. some 850 watt gold? psw
I am afraid of hearing storied of ppl who had liquid cooling destroy their equipment
So, Pls, any suggestions of if i am headed in the right direction and what else possibly to get (keeping it around 2500) Not concerned about looks just performance and longevity and quiet fans, enough to keep it cool clean and quite.
Thanks again!
Ian S.

Solution
The i7-9700K is a very good choice for gaming and VR. I would rather go with it. I went with AMD in spite of Intel because I was angry with how they force a new motherboard upgrade with every other new CPU they release as well as making their prices so high as well as making the i7-9700K without hyper-threading. All of those things aside, the i7-9700K is the second fastest gaming CPU (including VR) behind the i9-9900K.

You could use Nvidia with AMD if you want. Graphics drivers have nothing to do with CPU chipsets.
9700K would be better than the 8700K.

If you don't want to risk liquid, then go with a Noctua air cooler. They are nice, clean, and quiet. NH-D15 or NH-D15S. Not the best looking color but are the best in quality and performance.

850W would be good if you can fit it in your budget. 650W would work if you were tight on budget.

iansklarmusic

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
I noticed you were using a ryzen. I cancelled my intel for now. is the amd with more hyperthreads and more pci lanes better for vr or the intel with a higher clock and 8 cores and 8 hyperthreads...The Vive chat guy said intel, but IDK...I simply want to be sure since this will be the basis. Also, would the nvidia 2080 conflict with amd chipset?

Thx anybody

The i7-9700K is a very good choice for gaming and VR. I would rather go with it. I went with AMD in spite of Intel because I was angry with how they force a new motherboard upgrade with every other new CPU they release as well as making their prices so high as well as making the i7-9700K without hyper-threading. All of those things aside, the i7-9700K is the second fastest gaming CPU (including VR) behind the i9-9900K.

You could use Nvidia with AMD if you want. Graphics drivers have nothing to do with CPU chipsets.

Solution

iansklarmusic

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. I also do not like proprietary systems. Intel is almost as guilty as what they accuse Apple of doing. I liked Apple but in my opinion they gave up on their 'true' customers. I'll go with Intel then and I suppose the Asus Maximus Hero. Thx much again, man!