Help w/ Resolution w/ new ASUS Geforce2 GTS

G

I just bought a 32MB ASUS GeForce2 GTS DDR and installed it. the problem is that when I change the resolution to either 16bit High Color or 32bit True Color my whole screen goes black. Windows still runs, but the monitor is all black except for the mouse arrow. I've tried changing my refresh rates to 60, 75, 85 and 100Hz but it did nothing. Please Help! I spent too much money on this to have it f*** up on me.

Nightblade

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2001
If you've also tried (re)installing the *latest* drivers, then I would suggest you ask your retailer for assistance.

Regards,
Nightblade

did you uninstall the drivers from your last video card???and also delete the windows inf file for your old video card, if not windows is still loading the drivers for your old card and this can cause major problems.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The bestest "cure" for installing new hardware if there are any problems come up, especially GTSs I found until this point is to install Windows with it.
Takes only 20 minutes to install + 10 minutes to put drivers in, but the performance boost and smoothness in work is tremendous. I am not talking about sound card or modem here, I am talking CPU, mobo, video only. It will work without reinstalling the system, but from my own observations I could see that it working much better that way.

K7 + KT7A + MX300 + VooDoo3000 = :smile:
P3 + CUSL2-C + MX300 + Asus7700 = :smile:

G

Thx for your help guys. I'll try what u told me but I may be exchanging the card for a new one just to make sure the card isn't the problem.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Also, I am not using Asus's drivers, just a plain reference ones from NVidia's site. Although I have just downloaded newest ones from Asus's site, will try those.

K7 + KT7A + MX300 + VooDoo3000 = :smile:
P3 + CUSL2-C + MX300 + Asus7700 = :smile: