[SOLVED] HELP, what do I do from here!

Apr 14, 2021
A friend of mine spilled a Malta on an RX 5700 xt (XFX OEM Variant), and would only post for a few seconds then shut off. It had been that way for about a month and sticky grime had formed. So I thoroughly cleaned it and found out a tiny resistor (the C615 one on the bottom) was missing and a few scratches were showing. After asking, I had found out that he had THREW THE GRAPHICS CARD OUT OF ANGER ACROSS THE ROOM INTO THE GARBAGE CAN! It still worked at the time but only for about a minute. But after the cleaning, the card wouldn't display at all, and the central processor of the GPU wouldn't even warm up. After alot of troubleshooting it had only warmed up twice but without any signal. I then did some research into what graphics cards can be baked to be repaired and this was one of them, so I stuck it in the oven at 400 degrees (f) for 20 minutes. Afterward, the only result I had was some puffed-up capacitors and that's it. No posting, no display like before, nothing! But when I plug the card into the PCIE slot without a power cable, it shows a red light indicating not enough power, so the card still has functionality, but I don't know what to do from here! Hardware-wise everything else is intact. I have a 1050 ti that works fine in this system, even tried resetting drivers for the 5700, and still nothing. HELP PLEASE

Solution
At this point, I think the card is beyond repair and you should stick with the 1050 Ti till you can get a newer card.

I'm hoping this friend didn't make you pay for this card and it was given to you free to try and use / fix, otherwise I would try and get your money back after hearing they "THREW THE GRAPHICS CARD OUT OF ANGER ACROSS THE ROOM INTO THE GARBAGE CAN".

tecmo34

Administrator
At this point, I think the card is beyond repair and you should stick with the 1050 Ti till you can get a newer card.

I'm hoping this friend didn't make you pay for this card and it was given to you free to try and use / fix, otherwise I would try and get your money back after hearing they "THREW THE GRAPHICS CARD OUT OF ANGER ACROSS THE ROOM INTO THE GARBAGE CAN".

Solution