Question [HELP] Where to install 3.5inch Seagate HDD into Antec DF800 Flux Mid-Tow Case?

mrgamer

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
I have tried installing my 3.5-inch Hard drive into the bay that comes with the case on the back side (only 1). However, it does not seem to be aligning with any of the screw holes, and the case did not come with an HDD/SSD Cage or additional bays. Everything else is installed except the HDD. Also, I have 7 fans in total (3 in the top, 3 in the front, and 1 in the back). This is the case that I'm building with. Thank you!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09RJMD6JG/ref=twister_B0BFQ7PGDN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by a moderator:
if this case doesn't come with proper mounting hardware then it is probably just designed for more modern hardware(M.2, etc,...).
something that probably should've been researched prior to purchase.

I have 7 fans in total (3 in the top, 3 in the front, and 1 in the back)
that seems to be a very high ratio of intake vs exhaust.
where a high positive pressure is usually a good thing, this may be overdoing it.

mrgamer

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
if this case doesn't come with proper mounting hardware then it is probably just designed for more modern hardware(M.2, etc,...).
something that probably should've been researched prior to purchase.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I bought this case in a rush and did not pay attention to all of the specs except the most important ones based on what i needed at that time. I did however install an M.2 SSD, so I'm good in that regard. However, I am going to need to add a substantial amount of additional storage without going over budget, which is why I want to add the 4TB HDD. I was able to buy a 3.5-inch stackable HDD bracket, but i don't see a location where I can install it onto the case. So, i decided to put it inside the single bay that came with the case which seems to be around 5 inches? However, it does not fit in there perfectly, so I'm scared that the hard drive won't be secure with any vibration or when moving the PC around.

This is the bracket -

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GY2B3WP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I was able to buy a 3.5-inch stackable HDD bracket, but i don't see a location where I can install it onto the case. So, i decided to put it inside the single bay that came with the case which seems to be around 5 inches
unless you can insert some rubber standoffs then it would seem you are just stuck with what you have.

if the mounting hardware isn't offered by the actual case manufacturer then you shouldn't expect it to fit accordingly.

mrgamer

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
unless you can insert some rubber standoffs then it would seem you are just stuck with what you have.

if the mounting hardware isn't offered by the actual case manufacturer then you shouldn't expect it to fit accordingly.

Thank you for your help! I will try using some standoffs that I have. Hopefully, it works. If not, i will just have to buy another SSD. Thanks again!

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
According to the manual for that case you have three locations possible for a 3½" HDD, accessed from a cover on the right-hand side of the case. In the larger upper front spot you can place one drive with its connectors facing DOWN. To fasten it in you use four screws into the BOTTOM of the HDD (NOT into its sides), installed from the other side of the case. The alternative is a drive bracket on the BOTTOM of the case you can use for HDD's or SSD's. You can mount one HDD on the TOP of this bracket by using 4 screws into the BOTTOM of the HDD again. NOTE that the connectors of the HDD need to face out towards the right side of the case. Another option there is to use two mounting adapter strips supplied. You mount each of these onto the SIDES of the HDD with screws, then slide the adapted HDD into the BOTTOM part of the mounting bracket. Again, connectors to the outside.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost