[SOLVED] help!! wierd noise from inside the case of newly built pc

ba.theexpert

Honorable
Aug 16, 2017
i just built a new pc but since after the windows installation there a weird noise coming from i dont know which hardware

the fan temperature is fine!

i dont have a DVD-rom

the nose is like two parts are conflicting or something is not in its place its driving me craZy

any ideas?

b360-tuf pro gaming motherboard

i3 9100F motherboard

internal wireless receiver

128 ssd

2 tra hdd

rx 580 msi armor

im here to answer any questions

Solution
Fans are subject to multiple forces and factors.

They spin, there is thrust from the airflows, the blades and/or housing can twist, bend, and move.

And any given movements can change with RPMs, temperatures, case movement, and even internal airflows.

Does not take much movement to have a blade start scraping the housing or a vibration to start up.

What make and model is the fan and where is it located? Have you ever used canned air to blow out dust and debris? If you did so and allowed the fan blades to just spin around the fan may have been damaged.

Can you describe the two sounds? Does either sound change in some manner; perhaps, different between non-gaming and gaming use.

Watch the fan while it spins up. You may note...
i just built a new pc but since after the windows installation there a weird noise coming from i dont know which hardware

the fan temperature is fine!

i dont have a DVD-rom

the nose is like two parts are conflicting or something is not in its place its driving me craZy

any ideas?

b360-tuf pro gaming motherboard

i3 9100F motherboard

internal wireless receiver

128 ssd

2 tra hdd

rx 580 msi armor

im here to answer any questions
What noise is it?!

Ralston18

Titan
If it is a constant noise, I would lean towards a fan (case or GPU). But possibly one of the HDD's.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Using the motherboard's User Guide/Manual along with all other relevant component User Guides/Manual, doublecheck the physical installation.

Ensure that all components, cables, cards, RAM, fans, etc. are fully and firmly in place. Look for some loose item or other debris that may be rattling about. Or a cable touching a fan.

Then try to pinpoint the source location of the sound. Turn the computer on and use a cardboard or paper tube to carefully listen about the entire case. Determine if touching and lightly pressing on the outside of the case either stops or changes the noise.

Key is to identify the source of the noise.

ba.theexpert

Honorable
Aug 16, 2017
If it is a constant noise, I would lean towards a fan (case or GPU). But possibly one of the HDD's.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Using the motherboard's User Guide/Manual along with all other relevant component User Guides/Manual, doublecheck the physical installation.

Ensure that all components, cables, cards, RAM, fans, etc. are fully and firmly in place. Look for some loose item or other debris that may be rattling about. Or a cable touching a fan.

Then try to pinpoint the source location of the sound. Turn the computer on and use a cardboard or paper tube to carefully listen about the entire case. Determine if touching and lightly pressing on the outside of the case either stops or changes the noise.

Key is to identify the source of the noise.
so far no clue just that it goes away when i open the rear case door ( the one behind the motherboard not the one facing it)

Ralston18

Titan
If the noise goes away when the rear case door is opened suggests a mechanical source. Resonance perhaps.

Use the cardboard tube to pinpoint the sounds location when the rear door is in place. Then open and inspect.

May just be a loose screw (do not overtighten) or a cable vibrating (air flow) and hitting the inside of the panel.

Inspect and look carefully.

Then try a piece of electrical tape on the inside of the rear cover (do not block vents) and see if the noise is dampened out any at all. May take some trial and error to find the right place.

If there is one.

ba.theexpert

Honorable
Aug 16, 2017
If the noise goes away when the rear case door is opened suggests a mechanical source. Resonance perhaps.

Use the cardboard tube to pinpoint the sounds location when the rear door is in place. Then open and inspect.

May just be a loose screw (do not overtighten) or a cable vibrating (air flow) and hitting the inside of the panel.

Inspect and look carefully.

Then try a piece of electrical tape on the inside of the rear cover (do not block vents) and see if the noise is dampened out any at all. May take some trial and error to find the right place.

If there is one.
well its the fan but the noise is different from the sound that the fan normally makes
now it has two sounds
how can i diagnose the source of it ?>

Ralston18

Titan
Fans are subject to multiple forces and factors.

They spin, there is thrust from the airflows, the blades and/or housing can twist, bend, and move.

And any given movements can change with RPMs, temperatures, case movement, and even internal airflows.

Does not take much movement to have a blade start scraping the housing or a vibration to start up.

What make and model is the fan and where is it located? Have you ever used canned air to blow out dust and debris? If you did so and allowed the fan blades to just spin around the fan may have been damaged.

Can you describe the two sounds? Does either sound change in some manner; perhaps, different between non-gaming and gaming use.

Watch the fan while it spins up. You may note some twist, bend, or other movement that corresponds with the noise.

Any nearby wires that are loose and could flutter in the air flows. Again, loosen the screws and try repositioning the fan a bit. Keep the fan squarely in position. Use your figures to gently push and twist. Determine if the fan moves or gives in any manner.,

Solution