Question HELP! WiFi card keeps disappearing on Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2020
So I successfully built my first ever PC with no prior computer knowledge, so I'm pretty happy. But I am having one major issue, and that is with my WiFi.

My mobo didn't come with integrated WiFi, so I purchased a Ubit AX WiFi 6 Dual Band 2974 Mbps AX200 PCIE Wireless WiFi Card for my system.

It was working great when I first booted into Windows, it recognized the device and installed the drivers and everything was kosher. Then I booted up the computer the next day and WiFi had disappeared entirely from Windows 10. Not even an option anymore. Odd. Checked the drivers, and it wasn't there unless I checked the "Show hidden drivers" option in Device Manager, and said it was disconnected. I thought perhaps then there was a driver issue so I uninstalled and re-installed to no avail.

Then I thought perhaps the PCIE connection was loose, so I made sure it was secure. Finally, I decided to unplug it from the PCIE x1 slot it was in and move it down to the PCIE x4 slot, and upon reboot, WiFi was back. Worked for a day, and then booting the next day, gone again. Rinse and repeat, move PCIE slot, and it is back. Could this be a compatibility issue? Windows 10 issue? IDK. I have a Ryzen 5 3600 Processor and MSI B450 A Pro Max MOBO in case you are wondering. I'll also include a link to my WiFi card if that helps.

Very confused and not very tech oriented, so I could use some help. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/Ubit-Wireless-Bluetooth-MU-MIMO-Ultra-Low/dp/B07XM6XZ1F

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I would ask you to check and see if you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. If you have updates pending, manually work you way up to the latest version. The next thing you can look at is which version of Windows 10 you're working with.

I'd also ask you to manually in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

also, please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

*For some odd reason the link you provided takes me to an Amazon page with search results for Ubit.

Reactions: Abhishek S
Jun 12, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I would ask you to check and see if you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. If you have updates pending, manually work you way up to the latest version. The next thing you can look at is which version of Windows 10 you're working with.

I'd also ask you to manually in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

also, please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

*For some odd reason the link you provided takes me to an Amazon page with search results for Ubit.

Thanks. I'll have to check my BIOS for updates. I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro 2004, the most recent version. Also, as far as command prompt, I'm a bit confused as to what you are asking me to run.

As far as my specs, they are as follows:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core, 12 Thread Processor
Mobo: MSI B450 A Pro Max
Ram: 8 GB Delta T-Force 3000 mhz (x2)
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 250GB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive
GPU: XFX Radeon RX 570 RS XXX Edition 1286MHz, 8gb GDDR5 Dual BIOS Graphics Card
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX 550, 550 W, 80+ Gold Fully Modular Power Supply

Also, I double checked the link, and it is taking me to the product page, so unsure why it isn't for you. So here is the Amazon product identifier code you can paste into Google to find it. B07XM6XZ1F

Jul 26, 2020
Thanks. I'll have to check my BIOS for updates. I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro 2004, the most recent version. Also, as far as command prompt, I'm a bit confused as to what you are asking me to run.

As far as my specs, they are as follows:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core, 12 Thread Processor
Mobo: MSI B450 A Pro Max
Ram: 8 GB Delta T-Force 3000 mhz (x2)
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 250GB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive
GPU: XFX Radeon RX 570 RS XXX Edition 1286MHz, 8gb GDDR5 Dual BIOS Graphics Card
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX 550, 550 W, 80+ Gold Fully Modular Power Supply

Also, I double checked the link, and it is taking me to the product page, so unsure why it isn't for you. So here is the Amazon product identifier code you can paste into Google to find it. B07XM6XZ1F

Hi,

Did you find any solution for this. I have the exact same issue .

I am trying to install tplink tx50e wifi6+bt5 on a a320m s2h v2 mobo . I too have a gpu so installed wifi card on pcie 2nd slot.

Jul 18, 2020
Anyone have any ideas about this?

I have the exact same problem, I have so far switched out the wifi card, switched out the motherboard and also completely reinstalled windows and the same issue is still happening.

Pls help

Jul 26, 2020
Anyone have any ideas about this?

I have the exact same problem, I have so far switched out the wifi card, switched out the motherboard and also completely reinstalled windows and the same issue is still happening.

Pls help
I have not found a solution yet.
It works 7 out of 10 when you do the following sequence -
  1. Switch off the main power to psu.
  2. unplug the power cable to GPU and plug it back.
  3. Unplug the wifi card and plug in back in.
  4. Switch on the power to psu.

I suspect it has to do with the power to the pcie slot. I am yet to test power to pcie slot.

Jul 18, 2020
I have not found a solution yet.
It works 7 out of 10 when you do the following sequence -
  1. Switch off the main power to psu.
  2. unplug the power cable to GPU and plug it back.
  3. Unplug the wifi card and plug in back in.
  4. Switch on the power to psu.
I suspect it has to do with the power to the pcie slot. I am yet to test power to pcie slot.

Originally for me it was fixed whenever I reseated my wifi card, but then it stopped working. That was when I switched out my motherboard as I figured it must be something to do with the slot but the exact same thing is happening again now.

What are your specs? I am just wondering how much we have in common:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
Mobo: Aorus B450 AORUS ELITE
Ram: Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL17 Memory
SSD/HDD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE 2X Video Card
PSU: KOLINK Classic Power 700 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

First Wifi Card: EDUP WiFi 6 WiFi Adapter AX 3000 Mbps AX200 Dual Band 5GHz/2.4GHz PCI-E Wireless WiFi Network Adapter Card with Bluetooth 5.0 for Desktop Windows 10 6

Second Wifi Card: Ziyituod Wifi 6 Bluetooth5.0 AX 2974Mbps Wireless Wifi Network Card, 802.11ax/ac

both WiFi cards exhibited the same problems.

Jul 26, 2020
My configuration was,

Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600
Mobo: A320m s2h v2
Wifi card : tplink Ax3000 tx50e wifi6 + bt5
Gpu : rx580 8gb
Psu : cooler Master 750w Gold
Ram : 16gb ram

Jul 18, 2020
So nothing really in common then :/

I tried playing around with more of the available settings I had available for it after it miraculously appeared again (after I removed a random usb stick I had plugged in).

After trying to test if it was a pic-e lane issue with the cpu by moving my card from the x4 slot it was in to the x1 slot it still didn't work.

I have since swapped wifi cards with a friend, this new card no longer has a AX200 chip on it which both the cards I tested previously did, will update with my results tomorrow.

As I have not seen anything online about this before about this time, if there is some defect in a batch of the Ryzen CPUs causing this problem.

If this new wifi card also fails then I am going to see if linux has any better luck to be able to truly tell if it is a windows thing or an actual hardware as I am still not completely sure.

Jul 18, 2020
So I have switched wifi cards with a friend and the wifi card works fine on his machine and his works fine on mine.

My only reasonable guess is that there is some weird incompatibility between the AX200 chip on the wifi cards that I tested and Ryzen 5 CPUs.

So to anyone else with this issue, get a wifi card without the AX200 chip and it will probably work fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.