[SOLVED] Help! Will my OEM PSU work?

Jan 23, 2021
Hi Guys!

I Hope a real tech-savvy can help me out. I made the mistake of buying a pre-build system, and now I want to move some of the parts to a custom build.

I am definitely getting a New Motherboard, which will be the B550 Aorus Elite V. 2. For that to work it needs a 24-PIN power supply and I can't seen to locate a match on My current PSU.

The model number for the PSU is 901759-013 and I attached an image of the cables. Can someone please see if I can somehow get this OEM PSU to work easily with a New Motherboard?

This is the current OEM Motherboard: https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c06418627

Thanks in advance!

830-85503F5-F675FAD-22250_03_az.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your response, Sid! No chance with adapters or something?
It's a proprietary model that will only work in the system it came in. On top of that it only outputs about 300 watts so it won't power a video card that could do any meaningful gaming, if that's your goal. This is one of the biggest problems with buying a prebuilt system. Upgrading them can be very problematic. Toss it and buy a new, proper power supply that can serve you for years to come. If you need help choosing a new model list your complete system specs with whatever upgrades you intend to use.

Jan 23, 2021
It's a proprietary model that will only work in the system it came in. On top of that it only outputs about 300 watts so it won't power a video card that could do any meaningful gaming, if that's your goal. This is one of the biggest problems with buying a prebuilt system. Upgrading them can be very problematic. Toss it and buy a new, proper power supply that can serve you for years to come. If you need help choosing a new model list your complete system specs with whatever upgrades you intend to use.

Thank you very much for your reply. I have a question:

How come you say it outputs 300w? It said 500w on the specifications for the PC.

I was hoping to salvage the PSU, but then my new build would be something like this:
Ryzen 3700x (salvaged)
RTX 2060 Super (Salvaged)
Nzxt 510i case (New)
Corsair CX750M 750W (New)
Corsair Vengeance 32 GB 3200 Mhz (New - currently I have 1 x 16 GB 2666 Mhz CL20 super slow)
Intel 660p 512 GB NVMe
2 TB Slave HDD

750W is probably a bit overkill, but perhaps it can host a future graphic card, if I go for a 750w.

Thank you very much for your reply. I have a question:

How come you say it outputs 300w? It said 500w on the specifications for the PC.

I was hoping to salvage the PSU, but then my new build would be something like this:
Ryzen 3700x (salvaged)
RTX 2060 Super (Salvaged)
Nzxt 510i case (New)
Corsair CX750M 750W (New)
Corsair Vengeance 32 GB 3200 Mhz (New - currently I have 1 x 16 GB 2666 Mhz CL20 super slow)
Intel 660p 512 GB NVMe
2 TB Slave HDD

750W is probably a bit overkill, but perhaps it can host a future graphic card, if I go for a 750w.
What the specs say and what the label on the power supply actually state are 2 different things. An image search of that PSU model shows the label which states the maximum combined +12volt output is 320 watts for VGA and 387 watts for main and CPU but total watts can not exceed 500, if it can actually acheive this. Hard to tell what this model can actually output. As a comparison, the CX750M you mentioned outputs 62 amps on +12volt. Multiply amps x volts to get watts, so 62a x 12v = 744 watts. The CX750M will deliver full power on +12 volt which is what you want from a power supply. Be sure the CX model you buy is the newer version which has black and grey label. The older model has green lettering but you want the newer version. Hope this clears it up for you.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021
Well as I have an ongoing case with the supplier who sold me this, I will definitely bring this up too. It does say "Max 500w" on the PSU itself, but how can I for certain tell it can only do 300W?

This is directly from the spec sheet (and yes, I am demanding a deduction for the misinformation about the efficiency):
- 500 Watt power supply with 80+ Platinum efficiency

Also what do you think of the parts I listed, do they seem fine together?

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
Well as I have an ongoing case with the supplier who sold me this, I will definitely bring this up too. It does say "Max 500w" on the PSU itself, but how can I for certain tell it can only do 300W?

This is directly from the spec sheet:
- 500 Watt power supply with 80+ Platinum efficiency

Also what do you think of the parts I listed, do they seem fine together?
That is the spec sheet for the HP power supply?

It does not matter if that PSU says 1200 watts, 100+ Unobtanium rated.
The actual connections are proprietary HP and incompatible with regular ATX parts.

Also...
"500" may be 300+150+50

Your parts selection? I see nothing glaringly wrong.