Help windows 7 not installing!

Tyreke

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
ok i recently built a new gaming pc, it works fine i booted it up and proceeded towars windows 7 installation. but heres my problem, it loads the windows 7 file then freezes on "starting windows"

My pc specs are:
PSU: EVGA 500B 80+ BRONZE PC Power Supply
MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-UD3P Motherboard (AMD 970, SB950 DDR3, SATA, RAID, ATX, Gigabit Ethernet LAN, Socket AM3+) Rev. 2.0.
HDD: Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB 3.5 inch Hard Drive
DRAM: Crucial BLS2C4G3D1609ES2LX0CEU 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Ballistix Sport 2 x 4 GB modules
DVD: LiteOn IHAS124-14 24x SATA Internal DVDRW - Black
GRAPHICS CARD: EVGA Nvidia Gtx 960 128-Bit PCI-E Graphics Card

please help ive been researching everywhere and ive seen people say it may be my powersupply unit but im sure 500w is enough for this build, ive seen people say to use one stick of ram but it still dosent work ive even seen that windows 8 will work and im willing to do that but i dont want to waste 70+ pounds if the issue can be resolved here.

I did one thing that nearly made it work instead of booting from my hard drive in bios settingd i booted fromfrom the dvdrw that let in get past the starting windows screen and actually let my install it but upon restarting windows it froze. ive been trying it again but now it freezes during the installation.

please help my first pc build has gone terribly wrong lol, but i dont think its too do with the specs. maybe something in my bios settings? i dont know any suggestions would help!

Solution
Hey there again, Tyreke!

If you wish to troubleshoot using the DOS version of the HDD diagnostic software, you'd need another computer to create the bootable flash drive containing the software. Then, you can simply plug it in your PC and boot into the diagnostics in order to check the HDD.
You won't be able to troubleshoot from the Installation Media (DVD) though. That's why I suggested another computer running Windows or the DOS software without booting into Windows. Still, you'd need to create the bootable flash drive from somewhere.

If the HDD is not detected from the other computer as well, it's most probably faulty. If that's the case, you should contact the manufacturer's customer support and send an RMA request in order to...
Welcome to the community, Tyreke!

It's highly possible that the HDD is faulty and causing your whole system to freeze. I'd suggest you try it on another computer and see how it will get recognized there. Another thing you should do is go to your hard drive manufacturer's website and download their diagnostic utility which will let you test the drive's health and SMART status. Since you are unable to boot into Windows properly, I'd suggest to use their DOS version of the software. This way you'd be able to troubleshoot the hard drive without booting into any OS.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes! Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Tyreke

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016

thanks for the quick reply but would i be able to remove my hard drive and launch it from the dvdrw would that be a way to check if its my hardrive causing the problem?

Hey there again, Tyreke!

If you wish to troubleshoot using the DOS version of the HDD diagnostic software, you'd need another computer to create the bootable flash drive containing the software. Then, you can simply plug it in your PC and boot into the diagnostics in order to check the HDD.
You won't be able to troubleshoot from the Installation Media (DVD) though. That's why I suggested another computer running Windows or the DOS software without booting into Windows. Still, you'd need to create the bootable flash drive from somewhere.

If the HDD is not detected from the other computer as well, it's most probably faulty. If that's the case, you should contact the manufacturer's customer support and send an RMA request in order to be able to get a replacement. (That would be possible if the drive is still under warranty, though.)

Hope I was helpful. SuperSoph_WD

Solution

Tyreke

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016

thankyou ill try

TRENDING THREADS