Question Help with 3080 Gigabyte Graphics Card

Jul 27, 2022
Hello! I am trying to build my first PC. I am using an 850w corsair power supply that should have ample power to power my PC. However when I install the 3080 gigabyte OC GPU my pc will not power fans, led light or power function of case, and I can only see LEDS on motherboard which do not indicate any issue. I installed a 7 year old video card and have had no issues getting to bios fans spin RAM detected. I even swapped out the cables which are plugged in where they need to go and still can not function and get to bios with the 3080 installed. Is it possible that my 3080 OC was received dead on arrival considering pc operates fine without it and an old GPU installed

Jul 27, 2022
Yes and everything should be compatible. What I find strange is that it doesn't power anything but motherboard when connected, but when I swapped it out for a 10 year old graphics card everything powered fine including fans power button case etc, but motherboard doesn't show issues while connected. I am thinking it may just be dead but have limited knowledge and this is my first attempted pc build

TRENDING THREADS