Question Help with 8K recording/editing build

Sep 14, 2019
Ok, so I'm completely stumped here. I know a quick Google search would give some info on what I need to video edit 8K footage, but I'm looking for what specs I need to RECORD 8K video directly from my computer. Example, I know Shadowplay/GeForce experience only offers to record in 4K. However, a quick change in the DSR factors to 8K allows me to use OBS to record in 8K. But, the videos that come out almost always stutter and never play smoothly. I can't use NVENC, cuz when I play a PC game in 8K, OBS always outputs errors and fails to record anything. x264 on the other hand, outputs it just fine with stutters here n there along with audio drops. OBS also refuses to output if I record with HEVC. OBS settings are as follows:

x264
Ultrafast preset
VBR
Bit Rate of 60,000 minimum
Custom Buffer Size set to 0 (less demanding encoding)
Output to MP4
FPS set to only 30 for testing

These settings produces really good results, but like I said, the video always stutters here n there along with freezing and audio drops. I need to know exactly what computer specs I need to record 8K footage with OBS as this will be another investment for my online business. My current build is powerful enough to edit 8K (my build is below n I've already edited 8K video before), but not record in 8K, which is rather odd:

X399 Gaming Pro Carbon
2950x 16 core AMD Threadripper
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio
32GB (8x4) DDR4 RAM Kingston HyperXFury 2400Mhz
Samsung 860 EVO 4TB SSD
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
-----------------------------------------------------

Do any of you think I just need more RAM? I find it really odd I can edit 8K footage but not record it directly from my build. I know I don't need SLI/NVlink, cuz I've done that before with a 2nd of the same 2080 Ti and it didn't make a damn. I've tried every setting under the table within OBS and every single output of 8K video skips here n there. I'm pretty sure I need to just upgrade my PC again, but I'm lost on what component I need to upgrade. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 14, 2019
Have you checked RAM and CPU usage in Resource Monitor while recording?

Yea, OBS uses 80% GPU while the game uses only 20% GPU. CPU runs at 30% altogether. It's a PS2 game running at 8K on the PCSX2 emulator. The game runs completely great n fine. The recordings outputted don't...

Memory never goes above 3,000 MB/3GB. The main reason I ask about RAM is cuz I read online that having more RAM is good not because of the increased memory, but because the increased memory gets fed the higher resolution images and back to the CPU/GPU faster. I even read that having at least 128GB of RAM minimum is needed from a site called Puget Systems (https://www.pugetsystems.com/recomm...-Premiere-Pro-CC-143/Hardware-Recommendations ), but I find that rather odd cuz task manager shows my memory never exceeds more than 14GB at any given time no matter what I do including editing and recording. Idk what to set or what to upgrade to achieve what I'm asking :\