Question Help with a $2,000 Budget Streaming & Gaming PC Build

theeejohnnyv

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2012
Hey,

I'm looking to build a PC mainly for streaming from consoles and would like to know if what I have come up with is... (not good enough, just right, or overkill). I will do some gaming from the PC (Escape From Tarkov, Insurgency Sandstorm, Squad,etc) and am looking for Ultra settings while still gaming at least 100FPS while streaming at 1080P.

My last build was in 2012 and I have been out of the loop on hardware. I don't want to have to build it myself this time around, so this is what I've come up with from cyberpowerpc. Looking to make the purchase within a few days.
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9GHz [4.5GHz Turbo] 8 Cores/ 16 Threads 36MB Cache 105W Processor
  • FAN: CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 360mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate (Intel)
  • HDD: 500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3500/3200 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 480/550k (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3600MHz Dual Channel Memory (GSKILL Trident Z RGB
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (Wi-Fi) ATX w/ RGB, Realtek LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 8 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe
  • OVERCLOCK: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more)
  • POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Certified Power Supply
Please, feel free to let me know if this is the right build for me, and feel free to make recommendations how you see fit. I'm working with a $2,000 limits, but if I can go cheaper, I'd love too lol. Thanks in advanced!

Lutfij

Titan
AMD just announced and released the Ryzen 5000 series of processors, so that's what I'd ask you to get. What sort of a PSU are you looking at for that build? Generically stating that it's 800W only leaves a lot to the imagination. Perhaps contact Cyberpower and see what they say about the unit.

Outside of that the build looks good but I'd get a second larger SSD for the game library and a mechanical drive for storage.

theeejohnnyv

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2012
AMD just announced and released the Ryzen 5000 series of processors, so that's what I'd ask you to get. What sort of a PSU are you looking at for that build? Generically stating that it's 800W only leaves a lot to the imagination. Perhaps contact Cyberpower and see what they say about the unit.

Outside of that the build looks good but I'd get a second larger SSD for the game library and a mechanical drive for storage.

There wasn't much info on the 800W PSU. It was only a bit more than a 650W EVGA PSU. I'm not too familiar with PSU's. I did see the new Ryzen CPUs but they weren't on sale and I didn't know if the performance is worth the cost. As for storage, I'll only be using the 500GB SSD for a couple of games and the OS. I have an external HDD that I was planning on using for everything else along with 2 older mechanical drives that I was wanting to wipe to use