[SOLVED] Help with a 200mm fan connectors

jessenwindlim

Commendable
Aug 29, 2018
So i was building a case , everything was as going as planned as i saw them on guides and build videos , but then i went to connect the fans , and i dont think i've seen these connectors , i know it needs an adapter to fit , bu what adapter is it , and from what to what , for the love of god im this close to throwing out that 200mm fans --- please look at the pictures , it will help you guys

Solution
Ok it has been solved , turns out the fans whose conbector is a 4 pin molex has an adapter to turn it into a 3 pin that is included , i plugged that in and now i have rgb , just not controllable that is ( by option , not because i didnt know how )

Thanks everyone
hard to tell since the connector is really dark.

it's either a Molex connector (doubtful) or a male 2pin fan connector which is unusual but exists --- often if it's a fan that comes preinstalled with a case that has a fan controller.

I could be completely wrong tough.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It looks like a proprietary fan connection for that case. Does the case have some sort of fan control switch? Is that the only wire from the fan? The fan in my old CoolerMaster 690 had 2 wires, and one looked almost exactly like that, it went to a light switch on top since the fan was an led.

Is there a corresponding connector dangling with the front panel wiring?

Was the fan purchased seperately?

jessenwindlim

Commendable
Aug 29, 2018
It looks like a proprietary fan connection for that case. Does the case have some sort of fan control switch? Is that the only wire from the fan? The fan in my old CoolerMaster 690 had 2 wires, and one looked almost exactly like that, it went to a light switch on top since the fan was an led.

Is there a corresponding connector dangling with the front panel wiring?

Was the fan purchased seperately?
Its a pre installed fan , yes
But my case has no light switch best i can think is that the reset button connector fits inside it , but thats really grasping , fck i hate my case .... And fans

jessenwindlim

Commendable
Aug 29, 2018
hard to tell since the connector is really dark.

it's either a Molex connector (doubtful) or a male 2pin fan connector which is unusual but exists --- often if it's a fan that comes preinstalled with a case that has a fan controller.

I could be completely wrong tough.
It kinda looks like its a 3 pin connector , but only 2 pin are wired into it , and i dont think its a 2 pin male , and yes its preinstalled

jessenwindlim

Commendable
Aug 29, 2018
Ok it has been solved , turns out the fans whose conbector is a 4 pin molex has an adapter to turn it into a 3 pin that is included , i plugged that in and now i have rgb , just not controllable that is ( by option , not because i didnt know how )

Thanks everyone

Solution