[SOLVED] help with a memory change

Jul 16, 2020
So my pc was working normal... but the memory was a generic ddr4 2666 stick... so i decide to upgrade for a better one drr 3200... so now my pc freezes every time i play a game .. i try to change memorys place i try to clean ,... i passed the memorytest and nothing wrong with the memory... but the freezing only start happen when i change the memory... should i return the memory??

Solution
So my pc was working normal... but the memory was a generic ddr4 2666 stick... so i decide to upgrade for a better one drr 3200... so now my pc freezes every time i play a game .. i try to change memorys place i try to clean ,... i passed the memorytest and nothing wrong with the memory... but the freezing only start happen when i change the memory... should i return the memory??
Probably, memory is sold in kits and only guaranteed to work as that kit. Always check that the memory you buy is qualified by either the motherboard/computer maker or the memory company to insure compatibility.

And when it comes to memory, you should provide the full model numbers on the motherboard, CPU and memory -- all of them matter in reading...

RealBeast

Titan
Probably, memory is sold in kits and only guaranteed to work as that kit. Always check that the memory you buy is qualified by either the motherboard/computer maker or the memory company to insure compatibility.

And when it comes to memory, you should provide the full model numbers on the motherboard, CPU and memory -- all of them matter in reading the QVL (qualified vendor list -- things that have actually been tested in the real world).

Solution