[SOLVED] help with a new gaming pc

Sep 27, 2020
hello, i'm building a pc mainly for gaming and maybe streaming in the future but for now my priority is just gaming.
here are the components (honestly i dont know much about hardware):
-graphics card: msi rtx 2060 super gaming x
-cpu: amd ryzen 5 3600 3,6ghz
-ram: thermaltake toughram z-one rgb ddr4 2x8gb 3200mhz
-storage: ssd kingston a400 480gb
-storage: hdd seagate barracuda 2tb 7200rpm
-motherboard: not sure yet
-o.s: windows 10 pro
-case: thermaltake h200 tg rgb (comes with a psu, 600w 80 plus)
-psu: comes with the case
some parts were picked by another person, not me, i cant ask him today because his shop is closed (i'll go tomorrow, monday) but i want to get these doubts out of my chest as soon as i can.

my questions are:
-will i have to overclock the cpu? i think the base clock speed is 3,6ghz or something like that, but in some benchmark videos the speed is 4,0-4,2 and obviously the performance seems to be much better.
-are the parts of this build a good pick?
-will i have to spend a good amount of money in a good cooling? or some extra fans will do it?
-is "asus prime b450m -m" a real motherboard name? this guy wrote that in a paper. i couldnt find that model anywhere, unless it could be "b450m-a" because that is what appeared.
i want to play at ultra-high on 1080p. if i had to name some games they would be cyberpunk, overwatch, mafia 1 remake, thats what comes to my mind right now.

sorry, this took too long. please help me, and thanks!

Solution
CPU is a good choice. Pair it with a B450, B550, X370, X470, or X570 motherboard if you have interest in overclocking, A320 and the like won't offer that feature. Yes, that is a real enough motherboard name.

The CPU, like all modern ones, operates in a range of frequencies depending on temperature and power loads. So it is guaranteed to run at 3.6Ghz all cores under a reasonable temperature.

You have made mostly good choices. For a little more you can get an NVMe SSD which is faster and plugs directly into the motherboard, so less cables to deal with. I would not recommend buying a chassis that comes with a power supply, they are typically not of high quality. Windows Pro is not necessary for most uses. Home edition doesn't cripple...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
CPU is a good choice. Pair it with a B450, B550, X370, X470, or X570 motherboard if you have interest in overclocking, A320 and the like won't offer that feature. Yes, that is a real enough motherboard name.

The CPU, like all modern ones, operates in a range of frequencies depending on temperature and power loads. So it is guaranteed to run at 3.6Ghz all cores under a reasonable temperature.

You have made mostly good choices. For a little more you can get an NVMe SSD which is faster and plugs directly into the motherboard, so less cables to deal with. I would not recommend buying a chassis that comes with a power supply, they are typically not of high quality. Windows Pro is not necessary for most uses. Home edition doesn't cripple you in any way that matters.

If you aren't overclocking the cooler the CPU comes with is perfectly fine.

RTX2060 is not a recommendation I would make today. Might be better off locating a used RTX2070 Super. Many people are selling since the RTX3080/3090 launched earlier this week.

If you provide your total budget, many here can easily make a complete parts list.

Solution
Sep 27, 2020
i think my budget is $1800 - $2000 dollars, since i live in argentina that would convert into $150000 argentinian pesos.
thanks for your reply, i'll be looking into it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Argentina pricing I believe.

Put the GPU in there, only neat thing is that that is the KO version, which is actually a 'broken' GTX2080 Super with half the GPU lasered off. So it has some advantages in design to a regular RTX 2060. I still recommend trying to buy a used RTX 2070, 2070 Super, or even 2080.

No pricing on the case listed, but you can pick any case really.

Fast hard drives are really expensive over there. Consider this config, or just get massive 2TB SSD.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($321.18 @ Newegg Argentina)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($188.29 @ Newegg Argentina)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($121.05 @ Newegg Argentina)
Storage: Intel 660p 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($123.04 @ Newegg Argentina)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($167.81 @ Newegg Argentina)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB KO GAMING Video Card ($460.33 @ Newegg Argentina)
Case: Thermaltake H200 TG RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA B5 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($167.10 @ Newegg Argentina)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($187.60 @ Newegg Argentina)
Total: $1736.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-27 21:28 -03-0300

Reactions: Genr8