Question Help with a used PC buy. Should I buy this gaming PC?

noahavelez

Prominent
Oct 19, 2018
I am new into the PC verse and want to make sure I am getting a good deal. The seller is letting me test the PC before I buy and don't know what to check and programs to run to make sure every thing is working programs to run.

PC and everything below: $900
CyberPower C Series
INTEL i7 7700k @4.2 Ghz
EVGA 8GB GTX 1070
16 GB DDR4
125 SSD
2 TB HHD
24" Asus 144Hz Gaming Monitor
21" Asus LED Gaming Monitor
Including Dell Visor Virtual Reality Headset!!!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
USD? Or local equivalent? Where are you located?

You'll want to confirm specs (CPU-Z, GPU-Z) to do so. Monitor temperatures under load (CoreTemp, HWInfo etc, and MSI Afterburner for GPU).

One thing to note though, CyberPower may have used a fairly poor quality PSU in that unit, so something to keep in mind.

$900 is a decent price for that - a modern (fairly comparable) platform would be something like an i5-9600K + 1660TI. Those two components alone would be >$500.
Not the outright best deal ever, but a fairly solid pricepoint.

noahavelez

Prominent
Oct 19, 2018
USD? Or local equivalent? Where are you located?

You'll want to confirm specs (CPU-Z, GPU-Z) to do so. Monitor temperatures under load (CoreTemp, HWInfo etc, and MSI Afterburner for GPU).

One thing to note though, CyberPower may have used a fairly poor quality PSU in that unit, so something to keep in mind.

$900 is a decent price for that - a modern (fairly comparable) platform would be something like an i5-9600K + 1660TI. Those two components alone would be >$500.
Not the outright best deal ever, but a fairly solid pricepoint.
I am in the US, TX. I will ask about the PSU. What temps should I consider a problem/good?