Question Help with a wall mount bracket

obi1kenobi

Great
Jan 13, 2019
Hi all

Can someone please help me find a vesa mount or an extended stand/arm for my dell se2717h monitor as it has no bracket option. I don’t want to spend a lot of money just something simple to do the job.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Since the monitor sits freely in the VESA adapter (part of the adapter slides into monitor's table stand location), it can be wobbly. Especially since there is no screw holes to fasten the monitor to the VESA adapter. Only gravity holds the monitor in place.

On top of my head, making that portion of VESA adapter that slides into monitor thicker may help. With less leeway at that connection point, monitor should be more secure. To do that, mask that VESA adapter portion with e.g paper. You may need to try with masking several times to find balance in thickness. Too thick and you can't push the VESA adapter to the monitor slot. Too thin and monitor is too wobbly. Also, you may need some muscle power to force the thickened VESA adapter into the monitor slot for least amount of wobble.

obi1kenobi

Great
Jan 13, 2019
Since the monitor sits freely in the VESA adapter (part of the adapter slides into monitor's table stand location), it can be wobbly. Especially since there is no screw holes to fasten the monitor to the VESA adapter. Only gravity holds the monitor in place.

On top of my head, making that portion of VESA adapter that slides into monitor thicker may help. With less leeway at that connection point, monitor should be more secure. To do that, mask that VESA adapter portion with e.g paper. You may need to try with masking several times to find balance in thickness. Too thick and you can't push the VESA adapter to the monitor slot. Too thin and monitor is too wobbly. Also, you may need some muscle power to force the thickened VESA adapter into the monitor slot for least amount of wobble.
Your a genius that makes a lot of sense. I agree that’s exactly gravity is the only thing that holds it I wrapped electrical tape around it and it’s perfect no wobble at all it’s stable. Thank you very very much.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Your a genius that makes a lot of sense. I agree that’s exactly gravity is the only thing that holds it I wrapped electrical tape around it and it’s perfect no wobble at all it’s stable. Thank you very very much.
You're welcome. :sol:

Wobble? Ur house shakes a lot? :D
When monitor hangs still, it doesn't wobble but it does wobble when trying to reposition it. At least it did before the hotfix.