[SOLVED] Help with additional storage options

Mar 6, 2021
I'm looking to add additional storage to my PC but I don't know a whole lot about compatibility for components in a PC. I have an ASRock X470 Master SLI/ac (https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X470 Master SLIac/index.asp) and am currently running a 1tb intel 660p in the "Ultra" socket. I'm looking to add another 500gb-1tb as I need more space for music production and gaming. The available slot says it supports PCIe Gen2 x2 and SATA3.

I've done some research, but to be honest the different generations and types (PCIe/SATA) don't make much sense to me. Any help with some recommendations would be much appreciated!

Solution
Preferably less than $150. As for the space (I assume you're referring to the capacity of the drive?) I mentioned in the range of 500GB to 1TB. Most of the space needed is for the programs that I use for music production, some of these programs are easily over 150GB each.
You can use any M.2 SSD in second slot but if it's NVMe it will run only at half speed. Other option is any SATA, 2.5" SSD also of any capacity. Even a HDD if only for storage.
Mar 6, 2021
What is your budget and size needs for this drive space?

'music production and gaming'?
Preferably less than $150. As for the space (I assume you're referring to the capacity of the drive?) I mentioned in the range of 500GB to 1TB. Most of the space needed is for the programs that I use for music production, some of these programs are easily over 150GB each.

You can use any M.2 SSD in second slot but if it's NVMe it will run only at half speed. Other option is any SATA, 2.5" SSD also of any capacity. Even a HDD if only for storage.

Solution