Help with AiO, Radiator and GPU position

Oliver_71

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Hello. I have a few questions. I just installed and mounted the Captain 240 in my small Phenom m_ATX chassis. I plugged both 120mm fans on the radiator and the pump into the Fan Hub and connected it to the CPU_FAN closest to the CPU on the mobo. Is this correct? Also. I have the radiator mounted on the top of the chassis and the fans underneath it turning towards the mobo. The graphics card is just underneath the two fans mounted on the radiator and the GPU turns kind of hot and makes a lot of noise. It's a GTX 1080 Ti Gigabyte OC. Would it be better to mount the fans on top of the radiator, so the fans are facing away from the motherboard and GPU? What's the differences? Anyone?
Basically the Phenom now has the radiator in the top, then the two 120mm fans, then the GPU sitting like 3-4 cm from the x2 120mm fans.

Solution
1| If you've followed through the installation as outlined in the manual, then you're fine.

2| Did you mean the fans are blowing towards the motherboard or away from it?

3| If you must orient your fans, they should be exhausting heat out of the case not drawing air into the case.

4| Mind sharing a picture of your setup? It'd help more than a wall of text(IMHO).

Lutfij

Titan
1| If you've followed through the installation as outlined in the manual, then you're fine.

2| Did you mean the fans are blowing towards the motherboard or away from it?

3| If you must orient your fans, they should be exhausting heat out of the case not drawing air into the case.

4| Mind sharing a picture of your setup? It'd help more than a wall of text(IMHO).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS