[SOLVED] Help with airflow configuration

andrewjowens00

Prominent
Nov 24, 2018
Hey, I’m having trouble deciding how to mount my AIO’s radiator fans to have proper airflow in my case. Do I mount it with the fans facing towards the front of the case, or against the front?

My case is a Fractal Desin Meshify C, and my radiator is a 360mm NZXT Kraken X73.

As for the case fans, there is one installed at the back of the case. In which direction do I install my two external 120mm fans at the top?

Thanks for any potential help :)

Solution
The fans can be installed either way. Just choose which doesn't cause the fans to do a weaker job (some cases if you install fans on case rather than radiator they will do poorly at pulling air in.) Personally, I'd install on radiator as a pull. So it can pull fresh air past radiator vents.

Only install one top rear case fan as exhaust. Because it will help front air to get to GPU. GPUs can run hotter with too many top fans. Your CPU will be cool enough with front 360mm AIO so you need to find out how to improve the GPU temps. One top rear and one rear fan is enough.
The fans can be installed either way. Just choose which doesn't cause the fans to do a weaker job (some cases if you install fans on case rather than radiator they will do poorly at pulling air in.) Personally, I'd install on radiator as a pull. So it can pull fresh air past radiator vents.

Only install one top rear case fan as exhaust. Because it will help front air to get to GPU. GPUs can run hotter with too many top fans. Your CPU will be cool enough with front 360mm AIO so you need to find out how to improve the GPU temps. One top rear and one rear fan is enough.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS