Question Help with an undeleting of a partition in DMDE

Sep 27, 2024
Hello. I have an asus notebook, with windows 10 and with 2 partitions (c and d). I tried to move the contents of partition d to c, with copy and paste (not knowing that this is not how it is done). As a result, the PC no longer boot. Next day, when I opened it, I receive the message "an operating system was not found". I made a bootable usb with windows 10, trying to use repair. It didn't work. I went into CMD, I used most of the methods found on the internet to try to open the pc. Nothing worked. In the end, I opened DMDE.exe through cmd and here I got stuck. I put some pictures with the steps I've made. I am asking if someone can help me repair my PC, returning to the old partitions. I saw that the two partitions are healthy, but more than likely my os was on d and when I moved the contents of d to c, I messed something up. It seems that the data is there, it is not lost. If it is still needed of other details, please tell me. I'm ignorant of computers, so please be patient with me, I understand if things are clearly explained. Thanks in advance for any help.
vYIkKJP.jpg
UtawqSz.jpg
w5P54eT.jpg
cc76zft.jpg
f7d16Mr.jpg
0o62DzW.jpg
7S0dXhY.jpg
iLGe0bG.jpg
qhaywoV.jpg
BB0oXwV.jpg
Z43ztaM.jpg
BdyooYr.jpg
4HDxbe9.jpg
u8begx9.jpg
OD9Bmdn.jpg
ZFkmrfI.jpg
a1uQHkZ.jpg
jSbCkqy.jpg
GPkD3fu.jpg
srL08o8.jpg
ZIMWYff.jpg
0NKkShP.jpg

I tried to move the contents of partition d to c, with copy and paste (not knowing that this is not how it is done).
As a result, the PC no longer boot.
You should never do that.

So - you moved bootloader files from one partition to another.
Bootloader got messed up and your system doesn't boot anymore.

Fix bootloader then.
Boot from windows installation media and execute following.
diskpart
list disk
select disk 0
(select 931GB disk)
list partition
select partition x
(select 500MB partition, this is bootloader partition, replace x with appropriate number - probably 1)
active
list volume
(note drive letters for all volumes, in your screenshots you have E: - 500MB bootloader and C: - 931GB OS partition)
exit
bcdboot C:\windows /s E:

Last message should be "Boot files created successfully".
Should be able to boot into windows after this.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2024
You should never do that.

So - you moved bootloader files from one partition to another.
Bootloader got messed up and your system doesn't boot anymore.

Fix bootloader then.
Boot from windows installation media and execute following.
diskpart
list disk
select disk 0
(select 931GB disk)
list partition
select partition x
(select 500MB partition, this is bootloader partition, replace x with appropriate number - probably 1)
active
list volume
(note drive letters for all volumes, in your screenshots you have E: - 500MB bootloader and C: - 931GB OS partition)
exit
bcdboot C:\windows /s E:

Last message should be "Boot files created successfully".
Should be able to boot into windows after this.
Yuppy! . After 6 month, my pc finally works. Thank you very much