Help with Aorus z370, it restarts

5cion

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2014
Hi, I have a PC with these specs, but when i try to turn on, the PC Starts for a few seconds and the turn off, after a few seconds turn on again automatically, the video doesn't gave me any signal.

The code i have with the mobo it's 18.

MOBO: AORUS Z370
CPU: I9-9900
COOLER: CM AIR MAKER 8
RAM = 4x8GB Vengeance LPX 3200
SSD = M.2 WD BLACK 512
HDD = WESTERN DIGITAL BLACK 4 TB.

Please Help!!!!!, Thanks in advance!!!!!

And sorry for the bad english.

Solution
I agree 100% with scrampmeyer, but there is another potential issue. The CPU you have is not supported on the early versions of this motherboard's BIOS. The BIOS that does support it was just released 3 months ago and your motherboard might have an old BIOS version. If you got these parts in a local shop, they should be willing to put in an older CPU and test it (and update the BIOS) for no charge. If you got it online or something, you will have to get your hands on an older CPU to test it or bring it to a shop. They might charge you a couple dollars ($25?) to test it.
Dec 2, 2018
This is the result of one of the components having gone bad. It could be a bad capacitor (cap) or a short somewhere. what you want to do is unplug the components that are plugged into the motherboard one at a time and turn the power back on between each one, (be sure you unplug the power cord and any other peripheral with power when unplugging and plugging in each component). if this fixes it the component you last unplugged is bad. If nothing helps it is the motherboard that is bad. Look at each of the caps on the motherboard and see if any of them are leaking or if the top looks like it is bulging, (compare it to the other ones). If so you may like to try replacing the cap but with the fairly low cost of motherboards just replace it.

I agree 100% with scrampmeyer, but there is another potential issue. The CPU you have is not supported on the early versions of this motherboard's BIOS. The BIOS that does support it was just released 3 months ago and your motherboard might have an old BIOS version. If you got these parts in a local shop, they should be willing to put in an older CPU and test it (and update the BIOS) for no charge. If you got it online or something, you will have to get your hands on an older CPU to test it or bring it to a shop. They might charge you a couple dollars ($25?) to test it.

Solution