Help with Asus laptop!

Jan 30, 2019
My Asus laptop has kind of ‘died’ on me. Allow me to provide more detail and explanation;

I wanted to start taking it into college to use for some work, so I found the charger and plugged it in, logged in and all that. It had some of the old issues as the last time i had used it. Some of the icons in the bottom bar, like the internet explorer, are now invisible for some reason. But I decided it wasn’t a huge deal, but because I hadn’t used it in ages, I found an update and clicked to start the update for it to hopefully get it running more smoothly, but the screen suddenly went black and this little square, about 1cmx1cm or so, maybe a little bit bigger, is now permanently stuck on it. It’s competely black with that glitchy square thing. The mouse doesn’t appear either, I can’t turn it off or anything, even after holding it down for a while. I left it over night and it’s still the same. I don’t know what to do, can anyone help or tell me what the problem is?

Could be lots of things, starting with a bad motherboard, could be a bad drive, RAM issue, etc.. You said you had this issue a while ago, did you try to fix it then? What was done if anything? If you can't turn it off even using the power button that is not a good sign. Try to remove the battery and shut it off that way, then use only the wall power and see if that turns on.