Help with ASUS P9X79 Pro Missing Pieces:

homerslmpson

Honorable
Jun 2, 2015
Hi all. I obtained an ASUS P9X79 motherboard already installed in a large ATX tower, along with a CPU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 cooler and RAM.
I purchased a smaller, generic motherboard and transferred the CPU, cooler and RAM onto that board.
I'm not sure what happened but for whatever reason, it looks like I'm missing pieces on the ASUS board now and I'm not sure what to look for.
For example, the metal CPU bracket isn't actually held down in any way. You can just lift it off the board and I'm certain this shouldn't be the case.
I happened to find 3 screws that look important and relevant to this board, but I'm not sure where they go (I'm thinking there should be 4 screws but I'm apparently missing one). I'm not sure why this board has no backplate under the CPU. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to. I'd like to order the pieces necessary to make this motherboard complete as it's a BEAUTIFUL board. I just don't know what pieces I need.
I was hoping someone here well versed in motherboards could spend a few minutes trying to help me sort this out.
I'd just hate to see this board go to waste as it was working 100% perfectly before I transferred everything to a smaller board.
Here are some images that show what I'm referring to:
Dropbox Link

Solution
As far as the CPU socket retention mechanism goes, you're missing the backplate that holds it in place,
socket.jpg

socket_rear.jpg

source: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/P9X79_Deluxe/4.html

homerslmpson

Honorable
Jun 2, 2015
Ok so it looks like I actually have the P9X79 Pro; not the Deluxe. I looked up the difference and the Deluxe has 2 x LAN ports instead of 1 (mine has 1).
It also looks like the Deluxe has built-in WiFi and Bluetooth v3.0 vs the Pro's v2.1 Bluetooth and sans the wifi.
Regardless, yeah it looks like I'm missing that back plate.
Any idea where I can get one?
Would something like THIS work?
Thanks for your help!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
You said that you got your X79 chipset MoBo in a PC case as complete setup. Since it had AIO installed, there must have been backplate installed to it as well since otherwise, i don't see how the AIO pump would've been attached to the MoBo.

Oh, the backplate you linked is for LGA115x socket MoBos while what you have is LGA2011 socket MoBo. In short, it isn't compatible.

homerslmpson

Honorable
Jun 2, 2015

Yeah I know; I can't for the life of me figure out what happened. It was definitely a 100% working setup. It's just that the tower was a full size ATX tower and it was a MONSTER. I didn't want that large of a tower so I looked around for a mATX motherboard and purchased a Thermaltake V21 cube case.
Unless for whatever reason, the new (generic) motherboard didn't come with a backplate and I transferred it over from the P9X79 board. My memory is REALLY poor. It sucks :(
Annnnnyway, thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
The Ebay one is the right one.

As far as full-tower ATX cases go, i love those. :D Got 2x such cases in use with my PCs; Skylake and Haswell, full specs with pics in my sig. Though, i do get that people have different taste in the PC case's looks and size. Then again, Core V21 is the most customizable micro-ATX case i know and i considered buying it for my AMD build. Deal breaker for me was that Core V21 doesn't have 5.25" external bay.

homerslmpson

Honorable
Jun 2, 2015

If my home wasn't the size of a shoebox, I would have considered keeping it.
It was a NZXT Phantom 410 in bright red. The previous owner had a gigantic red Autobots sticker on the front of it lol. Fitting, seeing as the thing was the size of a damn robot lol
This is the one I had: LINK
And thanks for verifying the eBay link was correct.
You da man!!

homerslmpson

Honorable
Jun 2, 2015
lol come on man. I just looked up the specs of both cases and the difference is trivial; they are both MASSIVE.
Yeah the Corsair is a tiny bit larger but jeez man you drop either of those on your foot and you're gonna be sorry ;)

NZXT 410:
8.5" W
20.3" H
21" D

Corsair 760T V2:
9.7" W
22.4" H
22.2" D

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
While my 760T v2 is somewhat heavy, it's good exercise to move it around. :) Also, full-tower ATX case isn't massive. For a massive case, look towards Corsair 900D or 1000D since both are super-tower ATX cases. For even bigger case, you'll need to look towards Thermaltake Core WP200 since you won't be lifting that one. Instead, it has wheels to move it around. One step up from WP200 is full blown server rack.
900D specs: https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Obsidian-Series%E2%84%A2-900D-Super-Tower-Case/p/CC-9011022-WW
1000D specs: https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Super-Tower-and-Full-Tower-Cases/Obsidian-Series-1000D-Super-Tower-Case/p/CC-9011148-WW
WP200 specs: https://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/Super_Tower_/Core/C_00002895/Core_WP200/Design.htm