Help with asus P9X79LE board

Jul 2, 2018
Hey all. I have acquired a brand new Asus P9 X79 LE motherboard from a boss when he heard I was looking to upgrade.(his build got scrapped) Seems like this is a good board but only thing is its dated since it was released quite a few years ago.

Anyways.. I just want some input on what i7 CPU would be good for video editing(premiere pro) in combination with this motherboard.

I currently have a i5-4690k with a MSI ATX DDR3 2400 LGA 1150 Motherboard and it does okay with editing. I will be using my current GPU a 980 acx which is more than enough for my gaming needs.

I appreciate the input, I have no idea what is compatible with this board reason I'm asking. Or even if it's even worth upgrading to this board.

Thanks!

Even though the Asus P9 X79 LE might be dated it does support 6 cores 12 threads i7 CPU like the i7-4930K.
It also supports support 8 cores 16 threads Xeons like the E5-2690, which is very good for heavy threaded apps.
I would only go with the Asus P9 X79 LE if I could get a really good deal on the rest of the components.
If it's going to cost close to what would cost to build a new system, then is not a good deal.

Jul 2, 2018

Thank you for the insight it really helped. I think I will research from here and see the cost of implementing this with my current parts and do some comparisons on the cost. Appreciate it!