help with asus raid via BIOS

mawallace44

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Since my computer was bought five years ago I had a Raid 1 (mirrored) setup on my pc.
Last week the computer would not boot up past the BIOS POST screen.
I went into BIOS and had to reset it to default.
Now I have messed up my RAID configuration.
If I turn off RAID in BIOS the PC boots into Windows 10. Windows 10 seems the two hard drive , so it sees the physical drives.

But if I go back into BIOS and set it to RAID the computer says it can't find the operating system!
Is there a way I can create the RAID 1 without having to reinstall Windows?

Solution
You may be able to recover it using a program like the EaseUS RAID recovery tool, and HERE is a tutorial and links on how to do it.

Using motherboard RAID is like putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger, eventually things will not turn out well. As you see any bios hiccup can blow away the array. No reason at all to use it as it is not a backup. Just do a simple backup routine using a good free utility like Macrium Reflect.

RealBeast

Titan
You may be able to recover it using a program like the EaseUS RAID recovery tool, and HERE is a tutorial and links on how to do it.

Using motherboard RAID is like putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger, eventually things will not turn out well. As you see any bios hiccup can blow away the array. No reason at all to use it as it is not a backup. Just do a simple backup routine using a good free utility like Macrium Reflect.

Solution