Help with audio while live streaming! (Blue yeti & keyboard noise)

josh.sewell

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017
Hey guys, sorry if this isn't the correct place to put this thread, I honestly have no idea where to post it.

Anyways, I have started to live stream (using OBS Studio) and can stream console games just fine, my issue however is when I want to stream PC games I can't because my Blue Yeti microphone is picking up literally EVERY noise from my keyboard and mouse. Now I have a mic stand and a shock mount to help reduce the vibrations and such, I have set the Blue Yeti to Cardioid aswell.

Now I have looked at plenty of video's online to help combat this and they all say to reduce the gain on the Blue Yeti to as low as you can get or to lower the volume in the windows settings but if I get to the point where I can't hear my keyboard and mouse, you can't really hear me either. I have a mechanical keyboard (Corsair Strafe RGB) and it is quite noisy to be fair.

Is there anything I can do to help the noises from being picked up as it's driving me insane!

Solution
I have a blue snowball but only use it for discord. I had to go into the settings on discord and tell it to pick up noise at a certain level, not sure if you can do that in your software.

Another thing you could try. i have a razor blackwidow keyboard at work, i ended up pulling all the keys off and placing a small o-ring on the key so it wasn't plastic on plastic when you hit the key. really quieted down the keyboard.
I have a blue snowball but only use it for discord. I had to go into the settings on discord and tell it to pick up noise at a certain level, not sure if you can do that in your software.

Another thing you could try. i have a razor blackwidow keyboard at work, i ended up pulling all the keys off and placing a small o-ring on the key so it wasn't plastic on plastic when you hit the key. really quieted down the keyboard.

Solution