agentofdoom

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
i recently got Rainbow Six Vegas and when it installs i get this screen:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?3572d7716d.jpg

i went to my friends house and he installed fine. :evil: so can anyone explain what i should do? i tried using memtest but i don't know how to get it, it says like iso and other weird stuff :x

and is it possible for me to take one piece of ram out (i have two 1gb ddr2 667) and try to see if the game works? that way i can locate teh bad ram. please help :(

sailer

Splendid
Download Memtest and install it on a floppy disc. Then turn the machine off, leaving the disc in place, and turn the machine back on. Memtest should load and run at that time. Alternatively, you can try taking one stick of ram out, and then trade to the other stick and see if that helps.

Mondoman

Splendid
i tried using memtest but i don't know how to get it, it says like iso and other weird stuff :x
.iso is just a standard CD image file format -- it contains the binary "image" of what to write on a blank CD. Any CD-burning program should be able to handle it. Just download the .iso file, then use the File Open or similar command in the CD burning software to open it, and burn away.

is it possible for me to take one piece of ram out (i have two 1gb ddr2 667) and try to see if the game works?
Yes, that's an excellent idea. However, use memtest86+ to tell if everything's OK, because just seeing if the game works or not is using a pretty blunt instrument.